Afraid to use DSOrganise?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by moose3, Mar 28, 2007.

Mar 28, 2007

Afraid to use DSOrganise? by moose3 at 4:32 PM (1,788 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. moose3
    OP

Member moose3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Looks like a new alpha is out, now up to DSOrganise 2.7 alpha 3 on Dragonminded's blog. One of the changes was a fix to a problem where files or directories might be corrupted when created, so now things are probably safe.

2. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    Thanks for the update, but that's probably a little optimistic. DSO has eventually corrupted my card with every version that I've tried (since the colors). Multiple releases, multiple carts. Fantastic App, but it definitely has a penchant for file corruption.

I'm not saying don't use it (I still do), I'm just saying make sure you back up frequently to avoid frustration.

3. Calculus

Newcomer Calculus Member

United States
    Yeah, It creates this damn folder called 'DSOrganize' and I can't open or modify it at all. It just kept giving a file corruption error, but afterwards I ended up having to Reformat my card, as it wouldn't even delete.

4. yukine

Member yukine GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's a shame, really. I'd love to use their program, but they need to get that corruption thing taken care of first.

5. Carlin

Newcomer Carlin Member

United States
    oooo i thogut that prob was onyl with me

i ended up reformattin my card this morning and it looks good now

6. pitprop

Newcomer pitprop Member

United Kingdom
    I'm wary of trying it now after it the past two times it corrupted my card.
    One of the times i could net even format my card - i had to let windows do a scandisc on it before i could even reformat ( and i only found this solution by accident when i rebooted the PC with the microSD card plugged in).

7. faceless

Member faceless pink sugar heart attack

United States
    i was about to post all about how dsorganize hasn't corrupted any of my cards, then i realized i dont have an r4.

8. FullgoreEXE

Member FullgoreEXE GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Then you realized, "Oh wait a sec, it doesn't corrupt everyone's cards, so maybe I'm just lucky" [​IMG].

9. moose3
    OP

Member moose3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you just copied and ran the .nds file then there's your problem.

As it says on the blog, you need the files from the earlier full update (2.61 off the main DSOrganise page) with the dsorganise folder and all the files inside. You then overwrite the 2.61 ver DSOrganise DS file and the resource0.bin file with the beta versions from the beta3 zip. Then you copy over the DS file and that DSOrganise folder as well (don't forget to patch the exe_stub.bin and dsorganise.nds for DLDI if you need it) onto your microSD cart.