Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I'm looking for a slot-1 device that could ideally read uSDHC cards. I've been eyeing the SCDS recently as the price is pretty good on dealextreme, but I'm afraid of all that talk about the need for a high speed memory card. I'Ve been trying to figure out what it all means but it's not really clear. I actually have a couple of microSD cards that I want to use with this card, but they are not SDHC. Still, I'd like my card to be future-proof, hence the need of SDHC compliance.

Does it mean that the games takes more time to load?
Does it mean that some games lag? not work at all?
If yes, then which ones?
Is homebrew affected by it?
How bad is it?
How do I test the speed of my microSD card?
If I use patch mode, except for the few games that won't run, will I have any problems with a slow card?

Those are the most important questions for now. I have right now an SC-Lite card, but I bought a new DS recently and don't wan't to flash it again. Please help! (or please redirect me to where I could get those responses!)

Thanks

D

Deleted User

My friend once had a Supercard Slot 1, and he said it was crap.
I have an M3 DS Simply (same as the R4 DS) so personally I'd recommend that above the Supercard... and it costs less, so...

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
R4 doesn't even have SDHC...

supercard is pretty good, although i don't know much about SDHC card compatability.

acekard rpg is my favourite although it's a bit pricey.

then there's cyclods which is very popular, but also a bit pricey (i havent used it personally but i like the look of it)

T!b0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Supercard DS One HC is one of the bests slot-1 solution out there.
It comes with cool features like cheats etc... and RealTime Save that most other card don't have yet.

But I can't tell you how it works with slow cards, as I only have a Kingston 4Go Japan... I see you're from Canada so you can get a A-DATA 4GB from Newegg that's kinda cheap (check it often as the prices there change almost everyday).

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i heard the A-DATA 4GB class 6 is a really good SDHC card. Or at least the acekard registers it's speed only a little less than the kingston 1g japan.

Then again, that's no guarantee it will work a charm with supercard.

nab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, newegg.com doesn't ship to Canada.

Anyway that's besides the point. When I will get a microSDHC I will get a fast one. What I was wondering was wether with my current microSD that are not HC I will have any performance issues...
That's one of the cards I have : http://monoprice.com/products/product.asp?...&seq=1&format=2

Another one I have is the one from dealextreme : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1458

It's a Kingston 1 GB from Japan. I assume this one is fast? How can I check?

Btw,on dealextreme, the SCDS One costs only 35$, so it's quite probably the least expensive SDHC out there.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Unfortunately, newegg.com doesn't ship to Canada.

Anyway that's besides the point. When I will get a microSDHC I will get a fast one. What I was wondering was wether with my current microSD that are not HC I will have any performance issues...
That's one of the cards I have : http://monoprice.com/products/product.asp?...&seq=1&format=2

Another one I have is the one from dealextreme : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1458

It's a Kingston 1 GB from Japan. I assume this one is fast? How can I check?

Btw,on dealextreme, the SCDS One costs only 35$, so it's quite probably the least expensive SDHC out there.

I cannot coment on the 'Super Talent???' mem card, but since it's a SD-C02G made in Japan mem card, it should work really well. The Kingston 1GB will function superbly in the SCDS-1 as it does with all flash carts.

TeraS

Trophies
XP
Country
i am planning to buy a SC ONE i was wondering will it work smooth on a sandisk 6gb?

also i was watching some youtube video and saw that castlevania intro is choppy, are all game intro choppy? does this affect gameplay?

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty much in the same situation. I have a SCLite and a couple of A-Data microSD's (a 2 gig and a 1 gig.) Those are made in Taiwan, but at least for the SCLite they were some of the fastest and most reliable. Still, while they may be fast in the SCLite, I don't know how they will perform in a SCDS1.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of the six slot-1 carts I currently have in my possession (R4, DSTT, EDGE, M3DS Real, DS-Xtreme, and SCDS1), the Supercard is definitely the favorite.

Not sure about SD/HC compatibility, but it works fine with my Japanese Kingstons.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what happens when you put a slow memory card in? does the game lag, just like it happened in the past with gba games?
No, you could only get issues in speed-requiring games, like Castlevania: PoR (a slow memory does freeze the game sometime) and the intro movie of Castlevania: DoS.

pap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a SCDS1 together with a 4GB Transcend Class6 (24$) and they're working great together.

The only problem i got with the SCDS1 is that from 2 cards (from dx with the new 'OS' logo) one had the psram error
hate2.gif

dx takes ~3weeks to ship, but at least i got no problem with replacment

I.LIKE.MY.DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm deciding whether to buy cyclods evolution or supercard ds one or the edge card.
Do they all hav built in cheats?
Can they all multicard play with other brands of cards? (eg. cyclods trading pokemon in pokemon pearl with pokemon diamond on the supercard)

Thnx.

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to download the cheats, but all the major flash cards should support cheats.
and yes, you can trade pokemon with people using different cards without any problems.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
warmijwilfaain said:
My friend once had a Supercard Slot 1, and he said it was crap.
I have an M3 DS Simply (same as the R4 DS) so personally I'd recommend that above the Supercard... and it costs less, so...
I switched from the R4(M3 Simply) to Supercard
And I like it lots more then the R4 so that statement is wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You snooze you lose.