AetherSX2 PS2 emulator enters early access, is now available on the Play Store

playstation-2-logo-F384843875-seeklogo.com (1).png

Quietly arriving on Android's Google Play Store today is the new AetherSX2 emulator. Promising solid performance emulating PlayStation 2 games on mobile, you can now test it out for yourself and see how well AetherSX2 runs on your phone. As with other PS2 emulators, you will need a copy of your PS2's BIOS in order to play games, and if you're looking to get decent results, you'll want to use a device with at least a Snapdragon 845. The app is currently in early access, meaning it may be buggy or unreliable during this testing phase.

FAQ: https://aethersx2.xyz/

AetherSX2 is a emulator of the PS Two console for the Android platform. You can play games which you have dumped from disc on your portable device.

A BIOS image **is required** to play games and is not optional. This image should be dumped from your own console, using a homebrew application.

You need a high end device to achieve good performance. We recommend at least a Snapdragon 845-equivalent device. This means 4 large cores (Cortex-A75 level, 500 or more single core Geekbench 5). If you only have two big cores (e.g. Snapdragon 700 series SoCs), you should not enable multi-threaded VU, and performance will suffer as a result.

Devices with Mali or PowerVR GPUs will run the app, but performance will be much lower than Adreno GPUs, and the Vulkan renderer will not be available. This is because they are missing a critical feature (dual-source blending).

Features:
- System simulation
- OpenGL, Vulkan and Software rendering
- Upscaling of games to 1080p and beyond
- Widescreen patches for games without native support
- Save states
- Touchscreen and bluetooth controller support
- Games can be loaded from iso/chd/cso disc images
- Per game settings

Disclaimers:
AetherSX2 should only be used to play games you own and have dumped from disc yourself. To dump your games, you can use a tool such as ImgBurn to create a .iso for the disc, and then copy across it to your device over USB.

This app is not affiliated in any way with Sony Interactive Entertainment.

:arrow: Download

nintendtard2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is working amazing on my qualcom snapdragon galaxy note 20 ultra 5g need for speed underground 2 and The Punisher have been giving the most headaches.

The Punisher cant get above 30fps in game, even tried pcsx2 fixes with clamp mode and a combo of other fixes same with need for speed underground 2, oh and rygar keeps freezing when I walk through the first door but this is so good for a beta wow im impressed :)

Last edited by nintendtard2022,

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What makes you laugh, you don't believe it?
Of course I don't, bro. You need a phone with at least a SD845, which still costs a lot, to get decent results in this emulator. The Switch's hardware is 5 years old (Except it has 4GB RAM instead of 3). I'm 99% sure people will need more proof before they believe some random video

Yuanye198425

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just loooooooooove this emulator. Loooooooooove it so much. With some tweaks. most of the games I love back in the day run almost perfectly. Jesus... This is unreal. And the future of this emulator will be incredibly bright.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-224037.png
    Screenshot_20211206-224037.png
    4 MB · Views: 125
Last edited by Yuanye198425,

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
Of course I don't, bro. You need a phone with at least a SD845, which still costs a lot, to get decent results in this emulator. The Switch's hardware is 5 years old (Except it has 4GB RAM instead of 3). I'm 99% sure people will need more proof before they believe some random video
Why should I lie? that is just stupid, belive it or not this is running on a Nintendo Switch, if you whatch the video until the end you will see how I use the console itself to savegame etc, most games run like crap some runs at a decent speed, but if you are happy living in your bubble, thats fine.

Whats bothers me is that some random guy on the internet, like you, thinks I don't have anything better to do in my life than fooling others.... instead of trying it by yourself to prove anything is better to call others liars, good luck in your life.

Last edited by Esppiral,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why should I lie? that is just stupid, belive it or not this is running on a Nintendo Switch, if you whatch the video until the end you will see how I use the console itself to savegame etc, most games run like crap some runs at a decent speed, but if you are happy living in your bubble, thats fine.

Whats bothers me is that some random guy on the internet, like you, thinks I don't have anything better to do in my life than fooling others.... instead of trying it by yourself to prove anything is better to call others liars, good luck in your life.
Simply,don't feed the trolls and ignore!👋

Virazoid999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AetherSX2 PS2 Emulator "for all Android devices" my ass! I tried getting the beta version for my, AGAIN, "Android Device" and it clearly said that it is not compatible with this device...😑🖕WTF!?

nintendtard2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AetherSX2 PS2 Emulator "for all Android devices" my ass! I tried getting the beta version for my, AGAIN, "Android Device" and it clearly said that it is not compatible with this device...😑🖕WTF!?
What is your phone model? specs? All important factors this emulator doesn't run on a potato.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
AetherSX2 PS2 Emulator "for all Android devices" my ass! I tried getting the beta version for my, AGAIN, "Android Device" and it clearly said that it is not compatible with this device...[emoji58][emoji867]WTF!?
If your phone isnt supported it's because it's to weak to get a playable or decent experience out of it

Sent from my M2011K2G using Tapatalk

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's pretty strange though as PCSX2 is 32bit based it hasn't made the jump to 64bit and if it did would expect better overall experience but as PCSX2 is 32bit it's strange this actually doesn't support it

If your phone isnt supported it's because it's to weak to get a playable or decent experience out of it

Trying to use logic with this kind of people won't work lol

Reactions: nintendtard2022

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...