Homebrew Aethersx2 early performance Showing, ps2 emulation switchroot. Jak & Daxter the Precursor Orbs.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source or you’re just taking sh*t with nothing to support your claim.
the Ironic thing is people that ask for "source" will never acknowledge it if it does not support what they want to believe and instead use it as a weapon. these conversation always end with the person putting the source into question no matter where its from or who posted it. regardless if we are using this "source" logic then a source would require a source to be credible in a never ending chain of sources. so to put it simple asking for source is nothing more than a way to discredit somebody no matter how wrong you are.
me too. I've been running at 1785/921/2131 everyday, 1785/921/1600 since I've known sysclk. I haven't got banned yet too since 2017 even tried to play own dump xci online. my flag is skill flying good. my switch battery is still 90% power checked with hekate. it refuses to die even I bought v2 and the oled for replacement just in case.
and people still have joycons that don't drift this is all anecdotal evidence while its a known fact for any device that overclocking shortens its life. inb4 "but its not overclock" which will show lack of knowledge about voltage degradation among other things. lets just put it this way there is a reason Nintendo's boost mod raises the CPU to 1785Mhz but lowers the GPU to 76Mhz and ram to 1331Mhz even when docked

Last edited by deathblade200,
Reactions: HenryMin

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the Ironic thing is people that ask for "source" will never acknowledge it if it does not support what they want to believe and instead use it as a weapon. these conversation always end with the person putting the source into question no matter where its from or who posted it. regardless if we are using this "source" logic then a source would require a source to be credible in a never ending chain of sources. so to put it simple asking for source is nothing more than a way to discredit somebody no matter how wrong you are.

and people still have joycons that don't drift this is all anecdotal evidence while its a known fact for any device that overclocking shortens its life. inb4 "but its not overclock" which will show lack of knowledge about voltage degradation among other things. lets just put it this way there is a reason Nintendo's boost mod raises the CPU to 1785Mhz but lowers the GPU to 76Mhz and ram to 1331Mhz even when docked

The fact that, you will sell it to replace a new model, new gen and put it in sleep mode forever on your shelf before it will be dead.

You know what I play some games with max clock 1785/921/1600 to 9999 hours for years even put it in auto drive for months to farm for credits. Sorry but It still refuses to die.

Basketto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
voltage and powerdraw are also things to worry about like I said it won't just explode but if you are dumb about it and just max clock it all the time (which no logical person should) then you are asking for future problems
Provide proof or input something useful instead of just spreading salt around.
Switchroot by default has close to a 1500cpu limit without performance mode . So telling people using a 3rd party app to increase it by 200-300 is going to “ruin their switch” is just laughable.
The difference it is going to make is negligable to its lifespan unless you leave it running the next 3 years.
You never ending chain of sources doesnt exist, due to the fact I aswell as half the people here who are telling you use overclocking on a regular basis for years. None have had replacement motherboards, batterys, gpus, cpus, shorts.
Their is no thread in existance of “my switch is dead overclocking ruined it”.

Last edited by Basketto,

zelativity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a reason Nintendo's boost mod raises the CPU to 1785Mhz but lowers the GPU to 76Mhz and ram to 1331Mhz even when docked
Boost mod? You mean the thing where the clocks go up when something's loading? Isn't that just because there's nothing loading in the background which would require GPU resources to load? No reason to waste battery and increase heat output from higher GPU clock speeds, you know.

As for the overclocking, the Tegra X1 is built to be run at those frequencies to begin with, so it's technically not "overclocking" but more of getting out of Nintendo's underclock and running it in stock speeds. So how would the Switch's lifespan degrade when you're not overvolting or actually "overclocking" like going past the 2GHz mark? If there are testimonies that their Switch aren't broken from being "overclocked" all the time, there really is no problem right?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No reason to waste battery and increase heat output from higher GPU clock speeds, you know.
it still does it in docked mode and heat difference is very small so no those are not the reasons.

As for the overclocking, the Tegra X1 is built to be run at those frequencies to begin with, so it's technically not "overclocking" but more of getting out of Nintendo's underclock and running it in stock speeds. So how would the Switch's lifespan degrade when you're not overvolting or actually "overclocking" like going past the 2GHz mark? If there are testimonies that their Switch aren't broken from being "overclocked" all the time, there really is no problem right?
why is it that absolutely nobody on here seems to comprehend the fact of increasing the clock increases the voltage regardless if it was "built for it" what make people think just because it has those clock speeds that they are safe to run all the time? most of all what makes people (ESPECIALLY the Nintendo community) think that going "well it hasn't happened to me" is a valid dismissal of a subject? its just as bad as the "my joycon doesn't drift so it isn't real" people. and finally all the people mindlessly overclocking to the max all the time clearly have no idea what they are actually doing and blindly believe its safe so if it did break their switch (which you know could easily be the cause of all the "my switch won't turn on" posts on here daily) they wouldn't even think of that as the cause which would cause it to get dismissed as something else. tell me if its so safe then why didn't they just fully clock the switch in Docked mode? and heat is not the answer even my Erista doesn't hit above 56C

Basketto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it still does it in docked mode and heat difference is very small so no those are not the reasons.

why is it that absolutely nobody on here seems to comprehend the fact of increasing the clock increases the voltage regardless if it was "built for it" what make people think just because it has those clock speeds that they are safe to run all the time? most of all what makes people (ESPECIALLY the Nintendo community) think that going "well it hasn't happened to me" is a valid dismissal of a subject? its just as bad as the "my joycon doesn't drift so it isn't real" people. and finally all the people mindlessly overclocking to the max all the time clearly have no idea what they are actually doing and blindly believe its safe so if it did break their switch (which you know could easily be the cause of all the "my switch won't turn on" posts on here daily) they wouldn't even think of that as the cause which would cause it to get dismissed as something else. tell me if its so safe then why didn't they just fully clock the switch in Docked mode? and heat is not the answer even my Erista doesn't hit above 56C
No the difference is that with joycon drift their are countless examples. The fact Nintendo is in a lawsuit over it says enough.
Instances of damage components due to overclocking(running the tegra x1 at what it actually was built to be run at) dont exist, you say countless examples yet can’t even provide one.
If you force the switch to work too hard the battery time you will get in that charge will be much less than normal, at which point you need to plug in a power source, at which point voltage is not a major issue.
I don’t have issues with people having a difference of opinion, I even enjoy hearing peoples reasoning. However
the very first statement you made on aethersx2 being a stream is just utterly wrong, as its evident the emulator is real.
So unless your going to start your sentence with “I think that”, maybe provide a source? Considering your credibility factor for unbacked statements is already non existent.
People have been overclocking the switch for a number of years, an instance of related hardware damage does not exist.
If you don’t care for overclocking or ps2 emulation on switch, I honestly don’t know why youd come to flame, as its evident aethersx2 is going to require both.
I don’t care for saturn emulation, the difference is I don’t waste my time trolling saturn threads or providing unfounded misinformation when years of evidence show otherwise. Maybe you should contemplate that if everyone on here disagrees with you, its not a question of their comprehension, but of your unfound arrogance on subjects you think you know more than you actually do.

Last edited by Basketto,
Reactions: LSDMTHC

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No the difference is that with joycon drift their are countless examples. The fact Nintendo is in a lawsuit over it says enough.
Instances of damage components due to overclocking dont exist, you say countless examples yet can’t even provide one.
If you force the switch to work too hard the battery time you will get in that charge will be much less than normal, at which point you need to plug in a power source, at which point voltage is not a major issue.
I don’t have issues with people having a difference of opinion, I even enjoy hearing peoples reasoning. However
the very first statement you made on aethersx2 being a stream is just utterly wrong, as its evident the emulator is real.
So unless your going to start your sentence with “I think that”, maybe provide a source? Considering your credibility factor for unbacked statements is already non existent.
People have been overclocking the switch for a number of years, an instance of related hardware damage does not exist.
If you don’t care for overclocking or ps2 emulation on switch, I honestly don’t know why youd come to flame, as its evident aethersx2 is going to require both.
I don’t care for saturn emulation, the difference is I don’t waste my time trolling saturn threads or providing unfounded misinformation when years of evidence show otherwise.
I stopped taking you serious after you said "You never ending chain of sources doesnt exist" which says either you are A. just a troll or B. can't comprehend that a never ending chain could never exist. regardless they both throw any of your credibility out the window

Basketto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I stopped taking you serious after you said "You never ending chain of sources doesnt exist" which says either you are A. just a troll or B. can't comprehend that a never ending chain could never exist. regardless they both throw any of your credibility out the window
Lols, says the person that comes on an aethersx2 thread with no intention of using it, after boldly stateing it is a stream & being so incredibly wrong its funny. The fact you can’t separate a proverb from taking something literally, doesn’t hamper my credibility just your intelligence.
Then can’t contemplate why noone takes him seriously? Yah m8 im the troll here.
Keep living in your delusional world. Noone thinks your right, but the fact you can keep telling yourself you are will quench your insecurity.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lols, says the person that comes on an aethersx2 thread with no intention of using it, after boldly stateing it is a stream & being so incredibly wrong its funny. The fact you can’t separate a proverb from taking something literally, doesn’t hamper my credibility just your intelligence.
Then can’t contemplate why noone takes him seriously? Yah m8 im the troll here.
Keep living in your delusional world. Noone thinks your right, but the fact you can keep telling yourself you are will quench your insecurity.
you keep going on and on about the "stream" comment as if that means anything when any logical person would think the same thing based on the fact of how hard it is to emulate ps2 especially on a mobile device. one day you may realize the majority isn't always right its called Argumentum ad populum so you can stop trying to use that as a form of dismissal. if you go on about the "stream" for the like 4th time in your next message then I will know you are 100% a troll just looking for any kind of weapon. now I'm still waiting for somebody to give me a logical reason why the switch isn't fully clocked while docked if its so safe

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you keep going on and on about the "stream" comment as if that means anything when any logical person would think the same thing based on the fact of how hard it is to emulate ps2 especially on a mobile device. one day you may realize the majority isn't always right its called Argumentum ad populum so you can stop trying to use that as a form of dismissal. if you go on about the "stream" for the like 4th time in your next message then I will know you are 100% a troll just looking for any kind of weapon. now I'm still waiting for somebody to give me a logical reason why the switch isn't fully clocked while docked if its so safe
You must be fun at parties
> Source?
> Don't need them lol

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must be fun at parties
> Source?
> Don't need them lol
do I really have to explain this fallacy again. people ask for source as if it will change anything. tell me what makes a source online any more credible? because its on google? even though the source doesn't have a source other than their own knowledge? even though google is filled with misinformation? if the source doesn't have a source outside of their brain what makes it credible? oh thats right asking for a source is just an easy way to go "you're wrong I'm right" even though they wouldn't believe the source regardless.

Nerdtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do I really have to explain this fallacy again. people ask for source as if it will change anything. tell me what makes a source online any more credible? because its on google? even though the source doesn't have a source other than their own knowledge? even though google is filled with misinformation? if the source doesn't have a source outside of their brain what makes it credible? oh thats right asking for a source is just an easy way to go "you're wrong I'm right" even though they wouldn't believe the source regardless.
Even if that were the case, by refusing to provide sources on request makes you appear arrogant and ignorant. You're certainly not helping your case

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if that were the case, by refusing to provide sources on request makes you appear arrogant and ignorant. You're certainly not helping your case
sources which no matter where they are from or who posted them would provide NOTHING and just be used as a weapon regardless. the whole point of asking for a source its not that you actually want proof because as I said before people asking for source will never acknowledge it if it does not support what they want to believe. its just a way to ATTEMPT to reduce their credibility further by putting the sources validity into question. its ALWAYS how this conversations go and it never leads anywhere because the "source" person will never admit being wrong.

Nerdtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sources which no matter where they are from or who posted them would provide NOTHING and just be used as a weapon regardless. the whole point of asking for a source its not that you actually want proof because as I said before people asking for source will never acknowledge it if it does not support what they want to believe. its just a way to ATTEMPT to reduce their credibility further by putting the sources validity into question. its ALWAYS how this conversations go and it never leads anywhere because the "source" person will never admit being wrong
Look man, I'm just saying that you're making it sound like you don't have any sources. That's all. If you had them, it would take 20 seconds to copy a link regardless of whether or not people believed it

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look man, I'm just saying that you're making it sound like you don't have any sources. That's all. If you had them, it would take 20 seconds to copy a link regardless of whether or not people believed it
there is a word for those wanting "source" its called Sealioning

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
ITT: Off topic fear mongering of Switch OC'ing. Nice. Never change, temp.

On topic: Don't expect the Switch to ever emulate a fair majority of PS2 games at full speed. You might get close, but chances are you'll see hiccups out the wazoo. The joys of Ninty underclocking an outdated chipset.

Reactions: Nerdtendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: