Hacking Advise to those installing haxchi on 5.5.1

metalsniper63

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello i just wanted to give some advise to the people who are trying to get the DS game to install haxchi from the eShop:

I have noticed that a lot of people have issues with downloading the Game while the update for the console is in the download queue .

What i did was:

1.- Open Homebrew Launcher (web exploit)
2.- Load Mocha
3.- Open Homebrew Launcher again
4.- Load NNU patcher
5.- Enter the E-shop and download your game.

In this way the update won't appear in the downloads queue and you can download your game without any issues.

After that just download the Haxchi files, put them on your SD card and launch the installer with Homebrew Launcher.

I hope this information helps someone. Thank you for reading.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying this is an alternate fix for the unplugging method? I don't see how running mocha would make a difference

metalsniper63

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So you're saying this is an alternate fix for the unplugging method? I don't see how running mocha would make a difference

Actually i don't know either, i'm just telling you what i did because i don't like to just unplug my devices while they are working...

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's saying you can use mocha to avoid the update while you download a ds title to be able to install haxchi.

metalsniper63

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know how it works, and i'm sorry about that. But when i used MOCHA the update didn't appear on the download queue. It directly downloaded the game for me.

ghettosuperstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a fix for installing you DS game:
Just finished downgrading. I paid my $7 bucks for Brain Age. Couldn't get it to finish. If you click on Download Management, you will see the update to 5.5.2 (it won't say this but you can just assume) with a X, because you most likely have it blocked via DNS. Just click on the update and you will be presented with a option to delete content. (I don't remember actually what it said.) Delete and your ds game will download and install.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Does every EUR account get Brain Training free, or just ones made a while ago? Cos I made an account just for testing and got Brain Training free
Code:
:)

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I literally made the account, loaded NNUPatcher, went to the eShop and downloaded it.
I had the same thing happen. Is yours a second hand bought wii u? If so i think it's probably saving the game ticket or so on the console itself. not account linked. So the previous owner got it.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same thing happen. Is yours a second hand bought wii u? If so i think it's probably saving the game ticket or so on the console itself. not account linked. So the previous owner got it.
I had just erased the Wii U, it had HaxChi on it before, but with a different game, and I was testing some stuff.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a fix for installing you DS game:
If you click on Download Management, you will see the update to 5.5.2 (it won't say this but you can just assume) with a X, because you most likely have it blocked via DNS. Just click on the update and you will be presented with a option to delete content. (I don't remember actually what it said.) Delete and your ds game will download and install.

This failed update shows up even when you're on 5.5.2, it doesn't specifically mean that this is the 5.5.2 update. It just means it failed to check for system updates so it gives you a failed update regardless.
For so long now when 5.5.1 has been the latest, we've always been getting that failed update.

I'm pretty sure it's not as simple as just deleting the failed update from download management.

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm .
If the game was paid on eshop, it's just possible to install it with WUP without a ticket, and if the game boots without any kind of sigpatcher, it's fine to install Haxchi and CBHC, right ?

ghettosuperstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mat37 Yes that is correct, as long as it's one of those DS games on the list, you can install Haxchi. Verify that Haxchi works, then install CBHC on top of haxchi. (I didn't realize after $7 bucks later, the Haxchi install was smooth as butter.)

Last edited by ghettosuperstar,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.