Gaming Advisable to Flash?

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi
I was just wondering, if now would be a good time to flash my drive?
I think the ban wave is over, and I don't think LiteTouch is coming out anytime soon..
wacko.gif

What do you suggest?
blink.gif

Thanks

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm betting that going on Live with a new flashed console will still get you swiftly banned. Feel free to be the tester for a bunch of people, but my money's on you getting banned within a couple weeks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While the actual banning aside from the homebrew stuff appears to have stopped the general consensus was that the DVD firmware itself is/was detectable by some method. As this has not yet been rectified yet (what the lite touch firmware was supposed to sort) if you want a truly live safe box then it would be ill advised.
As for the "I will get X number of months out of it" gamble I sense this is heading towards I can not predict what MS will do in the future or whether they will hold to old patterns (yearly "waves"). I really do not care for live so my opinion/risk assessment is less than brilliant on such a front.

I reckon we are going to see the return of dual box setups again: one for live and one for other.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's no question about it. You WILL get banned if you used one of the firmwares out now. How soon is another question though. I'm kind of regretting selling my banned 360 to my friend. Especially when the uncrippling and exploit stuff came to light. Never really use LIVE for multiplayer a lot, but I could probably always get it back...or a new banned one. If you wait for the LiteTouch firmware you will be less likely to be banned, but even then you won't be safe.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't play on Live, as I don't have a gold account. I do, however, go online to purchase DLC and download updates for sports games, particularly during the free weekends. I have a Lite-On drive, flashed like everyone else's. Never been banned, but as I said, I'm only on here and there. Haven't been connected in more than a month now due to all the warnings.

So from what I gather, it's still not safe to do so? And supposing one does get banned, there's nothing they can do to restore the ability to purchase legit DLC or download updates (short of buying a new console)?

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
kid sampson said:
I don't play on Live, as I don't have a gold account. I do, however, go online to purchase DLC and download updates for sports games, particularly during the free weekends. I have a Lite-On drive, flashed like everyone else's. Never been banned, but as I said, I'm only on here and there. Haven't been connected in more than a month now due to all the warnings.

So from what I gather, it's still not safe to do so? And supposing one does get banned, there's nothing they can do to restore the ability to purchase legit DLC or download updates (short of buying a new console)?
You probably have already been banned like everyone else, because they most likely already flagged you.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
danielkraak said:
kid sampson said:

You probably have already been banned like everyone else, because they most likely already flagged you.

How can I tell if I've been flagged then? And instead of LT, I just wish there was a way to enable homebrew on all 360s, including installing DLC. Then I'd never even want to visit Live again.

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah guys, I totally lost faith in LT now, don't think its coming out anytime soon.. Even if it does, there will be a work around for it soon enough.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
is it likely we will ever be able to get our console keys if we updated our box and blown the e-fuses, then got banned. i just wish i could use it as a homebrew box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup