Hacking Advice on a new FlashCart

Scrubb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I've had a Class 6 SD card and R4 clone for a while now from the site R4-Pro. The box and cart looks like this:

NDSi-507-1.jpg
VG-NDS0494-1.jpg

Now I would be happy with this, but I've found I cant play some games which I wanted to try out, for example; Bowsers Inside Story (It worked once then stopped working) and the new Pokemon games. I also want to be able to run the WOOD kernel or something else with a nice and easy to use GUI.

The website for my R4 says it supports WOOD, but Ive tried it many times now and the only version which will run is WAIO which I found on this website.

So what I'm looking for is a card with a nice GUI (WOOD for example), good compatibility with games and must be able to run the new Pokemon games (Black and White), whether its patched or not doesnt really bother me too much as Ive seen guides on here to get it working on some cards.

Ive looked into it a little bit and Ive had a look at the original R4, AceKard2, DSTwo which I read about here: GBAtemp, and also I read a little about the CycloDS and it sounded OK, but I have no idea whether these cards or any others will suit my needs best as I dont really know anything about them.

Theres a wealth of information on this site so hopefully someone on here can explain to me and guide me with the different cards!
nayps3.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest Acekard if your on a budget, but if you have the money buy a Supercard 2. Those are the best cards right now. Or you can get a r4.

Scrubb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Duskye said:
I would suggest Acekard if your on a budget, but if you have the money buy a Supercard 2. Those are the best cards right now. Or you can get a r4.

QUOTE(RoMee @ Mar 16 2011, 10:11 PM) If you want WOOD, than this is the one to get
http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.R4i_Revo...(Upgrade)-34732

But if you don't mind the paper trick, I suggest you get an Acekard 2i..Akaio is simply awesome

If you want the best than it's the DSTWO.

Thanks, I was thinking Acekard 2 or a proper R4 (Not a clone) might be a reasonable choice as long as I can run the games which arent working on mine at the moment (Bowsers Insider Story and Pokemon Black/White) and have an awesome looking GUI.

Can you tell me about the AceKard 2, DSTwo and Supercard 2? Why would I choose one of these over another and what are their GUI's and game compatibility like?

Also what do you mean by "paper trick"?

Thanks

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Compatibility is good on all. The GUI's are pretty good on the acekard and r4 with wood atleast. You have a choice with GUI on the supercard 2. The one special thing about the supercard is it's on board cpu, so it can ran gba roms and snes. It even hads its own emulator, but since it uses more power, the ds dies more often.

Mostly if your looking just for games, get either acekard or r4. If you're looking for more, supercard 2.

Also, the paper trick is a fix when your acekard doesn't load right.

Here's more on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBHevFN8vN8

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about the new Acekard 2i, but most acekard has contact issue, a little bump and it lose contact with the DS, the paper trick requires you to cut a piece of paper the shape of the acekard and you insert that paper along with the acekard into your DS.

the dstwo is the best flash cart right now, built in GBA, SNES, video player, and it has the highest game compatibility of any cart, every new games works perfect no patch is needed.
downside is it consume more battery because it has a CPU, and it's a little expensive, about $35 USD

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
I don't know about the new Acekard 2i, but most acekard has contact issue, a little bump and it lose contact with the DS, the paper trick requires you to cut a piece of paper the shape of the acekard and you insert that paper along with the acekard into your DS.
A rectangular strip of paper under the contacts works just as good, won't get lost and you don't have to worry about it.

Scrubb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the input so far everyone.

It looks like I'm tossing up between the AceKard 2i and the DSTwo. What is basically required to run Pokemon Black/White on these?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
B/W should work fine on both cards as long you have the latest kernals. The choice is depending on what you want your card to do. If the want the GBA and SNES emulators than get the DSTWo, if you're not overly fussed than get the AK2.

Scrubb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
emigre said:
B/W should work fine on both cards as long you have the latest kernals. The choice is depending on what you want your card to do. If the want the GBA and SNES emulators than get the DSTWo, if you're not overly fussed than get the AK2.

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing. I dont really NEED the GBA and SNES emulation, so it looks like I will get the AK2 to save me messing around with WOOD and patches to get Black/White working on an R4. That should keep me going until I get a 3DS
smile.gif

I have one more question though.. How do I tell if I'm getting an AceKard original, or is there not as many clones like the R4?
[Edit]Think I found my answer: GBAtemp Thread[/Edit]

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.