Advice needed/wanted...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Nitromaster, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Nitromaster
    OP

Nitromaster Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2007
    Hi
    Totally lost here to be honest.....Spent a couple of days recently browsing..trying to figure out exactly what i'm needing to do..with no luck..
    Also did a bit of searching and just ended up more confused after... [​IMG]

Been soft modded before...like a year or so ago i'd guess..(or more)
    Updated when NEW super mario bros will came out...So i think im on 4.2 now?
    Tried installing the hbc...but the instructions i was following ended up confusing me..or being slightly incorrect. :s

Now I recently noticed the usb loaders floating around..and these look like heaven for me [​IMG] Would reduce wear + tear on my store bought games, their boxes/discs, and would also be a lot handier then swapping discs. This got me interested again in the whole softmod area [​IMG]

Firstly for the upgrading/installing hbc, should i upgrade to 4.2 (if im not on it) then use the following to install the hbc:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Is there anything i should definately avoid while doing this to prevent any sort of corruption? (not removing IOS's, especially ios70, and taking a NAND backup seem to be among the things i've picked up)
    Should i use a regular sd card? (non sdhc) What'd be the limit on these?

I'm thinking of using a WD MyPassport 320/500GB drive for anything loadable via usb..I presume there's no need to partition for under 512GB? (heard that was the limit)

As for the usb loader.....I've been doing a bit of browsing/video watching...and it seems USB Loader GX would be the best for my legit backups of my titles?

Lastly...Gamecube game loading? Is this possible yet via USB or will i have to stick to DVDs? For either case, what app should i be using?

Looking for any other cool app suggestions as well [​IMG] (psx emulator intrigues me..amongst others)

Thanks,
    nitromaster

2. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    Seriously...looks like you did some research, but there are still things you just have to try out and search for yourself...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice