Advice needed on update!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Wii Warrior, Jul 2, 2009.

Jul 2, 2009

Advice needed on update! by Wii Warrior at 8:18 PM (635 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Wii Warrior
    OP

Newcomer Wii Warrior Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I could do with some advice on updating my wii if anyone could help.

I currently have a set up on my wii that is similar to when "softmii" first got put together.
    (cioscorp, preloader, and 3.2pal)

I have noticed that newer cios files and loaders are now out aswell as the 4.0 update.

I currently have no problems with my wii all is fine and latest games such as tiger woods 10 and grand slam tennis are all working fine but I know that is only a matter of time until I come a cross a new game will not work.

Over the past few months I have not dared to risk some of the latest pieces of software because I do not know what affect cioscorp will have with them.

I am wanting to get rid of cioscorp as it is out of date and too risky with the new stuff
    I will need some protection software such as preloader but not sure what is the latest/best to use currently
    I am wanting a dvd backup loader (looking at NeoGamma) but I will be going onto the usb loader soon.
    Update to system 4?

My starting point was going to be a fresh 3.2 update with any region changer and then start to install things from there.

Any advice before I begin as I do not want to end up with a brick [​IMG]

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Just follow the online guide. IOS and cIOS downgrader will get rid of CIOSCORP before it does the rest of the updating process.

And bootmii will be installed before that through the guide for brick protection (if you can do a boot2 install) otherwise preloader will also be installed afterwards for more brick protection.

3. Wii Warrior
    OP

Newcomer Wii Warrior Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the link, I missed that guide but it will be very useful!!