• Total voters

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!
I need some helpful advice from my fellow Temp users! First off, I have two 3DSs (one XL and one normal). The XL is on 4.5 and has the CFW to play some 3DS games. The normal 3DS is on 9.2 so I can play my newer games that won't work on the CFW. All in all, it's a good system. Then the NEW 3DS XL comes along, and I want it. :shy:
I've come up with a plan to get the NEW 3DS XL for free, and I need you all to help me decide which is the best option:
1. Downgrade the normal 3DS to 4.X and install the CFW with some games and sell it on Craigslist for $200 or so.
2. Leave the 3DS as is and sell it for $200 on 9.2 saying that it can be downgraded or used with Gateway 3DS.
3. Stop wanting the NEW 3DS XL and just survive with what I have.

Also, quick question: Is it possible to transfer my 3DS data to the NEW 3DS XL since it's not on the latest firmware?
Thanks a bunch!

tarovisions

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In personal experience, you'll be "sitting on them" at that price, mainly because you'll be waiting for a very specific and niche group of buyers who will understand what it is that you are selling for $200. Then you have to explain what it is and how it's used, assuming you are an honest seller, and that happens to turn most people off since it "sounds like a hassle".

Also some people have a habit of flagging posts with things like "downgrade" "cfw" and that's another topic altogether.

YMMV depending on a number of local factors but that's my 2c on CL listing them.

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In personal experience, you'll be "sitting on them" at that price, mainly because you'll be waiting for a very specific and niche group of buyers who will understand what it is that you are selling for $200. Then you have to explain what it is and how it's used, assuming you are an honest seller, and that happens to turn most people off since it "sounds like a hassle".

Yeah. That's why I believe it would be better to preinstall the games then explain to them how to launch the CFW to play them. Basically have the post titled: "3DS with 30 games and DEVMENU"
Also some people have a habit of flagging posts with things like "downgrade" "cfw" and that's another topic altogether.
As far as that goes around here, we've had listings of PS3 downgrades, jailbroken PS3 with preinstalled games, and TONS of softmodded Wiis. I recently bought a DSTwo flashcart off Craigslist as well, so I don't believe it'll be much of a problem.

Reactions: tarovisions

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
better to preinstall the games

"3DS with 30 games and DEVMENU"
You're going from a gray area of jailbreaking to a very red dangerous area of distribution of pirated material.
Maybe you'll be ok... but you don't want to be the guy that big business uses as a multi million dollar example.

I choose option 1.5
Downgrade to official firmware 4.2 and then sell it as-is.

That said, I regularly see people listing 3DS XL's for $100 CDN up here.
I've emailed them asking to check their FW and quite frequently they are below 9.2 (as parents just didn't bother giving their kid wifi.)
Anybody who wants a jailbreakable 3DS/ 3DS XL can quite easily find them for less than $200.
That said, I see people listing them for $200 just as you'd like to with the spoonfed sysnand version and such... But they are definitely sitting on them. Months and months of renewing waiting.

Reactions: tarovisions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.