Misc Advice getting Wiimffi running through USB Connector on Real Hardware (not VM)?

actualkoifish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with connecting wiimfii on my machine. The system is a Windows Vista laptop that I use for various older software and other purposes. I've followed this tutorial (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-connect-to-wiimmfi-using-nintendo-wifi-usb.575631/) using the wifi usb connector and the original CD. My DS can find and connect to the connector, and the connector responds back, and I can grant access as well, but the connection is "limited" according to the computer, and the DS always gets a 52103 or 52003 error, which based on troubleshooting should be a problem with the computer's network configuration not being set to automatic IP. However, I have set the local computer to automatic IP for its wired internet connection, and yet the error persists. I am wondering if the settings of the USB connector need to change. It is still the default, which has a static IP and indicates an empty manual DNS. Can anyone give input or advice on this matter? If the only real solution will be to set up a VM, then can someone provide me some resources on how to do that instead? Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: