Advice for transitioning from GBA to NDS

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by alphalio, Mar 2, 2007.

Mar 2, 2007
  1. alphalio

Newcomer alphalio Newbie

Feb 2, 2007
    United States
    I currently have a GBA with an EZ Flash 2 (1 gig) and I'm looking to upgrade to a Nintendo DS Lite. I've spent the past few weeks trying to figure out which one is best for me, following the many threads on this forum, and I must tell you that my head is starting to spin with all of these different products available. There are so many different people arguing why their product is superior to the rest that I can't even tell them apart anymore.

Is there someone who could make a recommendation for a system with superior compatibility with both DS Lite and GBA? I have no problem spending a bit more for something better and Homebrew support doesn't really matter to me. Looks also aren't important, I don't care if it comes with different colored cases for color coordination, although I'd prefer something that fits flush inside the DS Lite.

R4? M3? EZ Flash V? Should I get one that used SD or one that has built in memory? Is built in memory faster for those games that are sensitive to data speed, like Castlevania? Is MoonShell a good or bad thing? HELP!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    United Kingdom
    If you indeed spent the past few weeks reading then you should've realised that Moonshell IS a good thing. Nonetheless if GBA is important when you move to the DS then I recommend an M3. However I figure it wouldn't hurt to just get the R4/M3 Simply (they have no GBA support) seeing as you already have a GBA flash cart.