Advice appreciated re: an already hacked PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by WizardOfOdd, Oct 30, 2015.

1. WizardOfOdd
    OP

WizardOfOdd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2008
    Hi! Blimey, it's been a while since I posted on here - I'm surprised I remembered my password!

Anyway, I was hoping for some advice regarding an already hacked PSP. I have a slim PSP (may be 2nd gen, possibly 3rd, I genuinely can't remember now) which is already hacked and running custom firmware 6.06 ME-1.1

I haven't used it for years, and only just found it again but happily it still all works fine. I really want to play both Snatcher (Sega CD) and Policenauts (PS1), the old Kojima adventures.

Policenauts is easy, I'll just download the English pre-patched eboot and run it natively on the PSP. My question is regarding Snatcher.

Firstly - is it worth me updating the firmware on the PSP at all? Have there been any significant releases since the version I am running which would make it worthwhile updating. And if so, would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

My second question is just about running the game itself. I've used Picodrive in the past for Sega Megadrive/Genesis emulation - does anyone have experience using this emulator to run Sega CD games, and was it ok? Or if not, is there a better emulator I could use? (I'm actually hoping to play the first Zelda game on the NES as part of a playalong with the Cane & Rinse podcast, but that'll be a lot easier I guess, but if anyone has a link for a kickass NES emulator that would also me most appreciated!!).

I think that's it really. Thanks in advance for any help - I'm not sure how active this board is nowadays, I don't imagine there is that much happening in the world of PSP hacking any more, but you never know. Cheers guys :)

tl;dr - I'm running 6.06 ME-1.1, is it worth updating? And what's the best way to play the Sega CD game, Snatcher on my PSP. Thank you!

2. WizardOfOdd
    OP

WizardOfOdd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2008
    Never mind - stuck with the FW I was on and got everything working ok. Nice to be able to play Snatcher on handheld!