Adverts in the status updates

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by alidsl, Oct 28, 2011.

1. alidsl
    OP

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    [​IMG]
    Yeah the bots are really clever

2. Frederica Bernkastel

Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

GBAtemp Patron
    Frederica Bernkastel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 31, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hinamizawa
    This issue has already been reported several times (originally by myself :D) fact of the matter is that the spambots were waiting :(
    But in all seriousness, I'm fairly sure something will be done ....eventually. The suggestion of not being able to post status updates until you reach a certain number of posts (out of the newcomers group?) was put forward, and personally I think it's a good one -- but quite obviously it has not been implemented (yet?).

3. alidsl
    OP

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    Can mods delete statuses? the only reason I posted here is because that one has been there a while and hasn't been deleted yet

4. Mirby

Mirby BDFF Hype~ :3

Feb 9, 2011
    United States
    That One Place
    I just like how my status is saved forever in that image. :3

And I'm guessing they'll just wait until more statuses come and bump it off.

5. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    Of course we can. Probably no mod was online to delete it (or nobody noticed).

I put a filter on "[URL=..", which is what original spambots were using. I guess I'll make it so you need to have at least 1 post.

1 person likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice