Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_177066_262_99261.png

Mathematical cartoon series Adventure Time is finally getting a proper video game release, coming to the DS.

Series creator Pendleton Ward Tweeted this announcement as well as his partnering with WayForward Technologies. No release date was given, but it is set for later this year.

While many may greet this as a standard cartoon show cash in, the title is being developed by WayForward Technologies, makers of Aliens: Infestation, Shantae and its sequel, as well as Mighty Switch Force and the Wii exclusive A Boy and His Blob.

No info was given about the gameplay, but seeing WayForward's past games, one can assume it'll be a platformer of some sorts. There's a few sketches at the source about the announcement, but nothing about the game itself. You'll just have to wait for more info on this one.

:arrow: Source

invidente7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
this is gonna be so awesome...now if they could let'em make a videogame out of Regular Show, it would be the most awesome thing evar

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm such a huge fan of this show!

Even though I have a DS and not a 3DS, I'm still sad that it's not a 3DS game because there will be size constraints now, and it basically rules out the possibility of it being an open-world action RPG.

ChaosX1022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm such a huge fan of this show!

Even though I have a DS and not a 3DS, I'm still sad that it's not a 3DS game because there will be size constraints now, and it basically rules out the possibility of it being an open-world action RPG.
Im pretty sure it's going to be on the 3DS, I don't see why the would put it on the DS.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only seen a few eps of this show, but I liked what I saw still. I really hope they turn this into a 3D action adventure or something.

Ew. The whole series is done in 2D animation so anything 3D would just look dumb. I'd rather have like some algebraic 2D art that's really fluid, like Rayman Origins.

But the world is pretty expansive and the series has taken pride in a few video game references here and there, so a video game for the series should be really good. With a good dev behind it as well, this has a ton of potential.

Normally I hate when people say "OH IT SHOULD BE FOR THE 3DS" but I would like it on that (or preferably the Vita) since those systems can handle Rayman Origins and much better 2D graphics than the DS.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a lot of hope for this one. The show is easily one of the best cartoons of the past decade, and it's being developed by a developer that tends to not disappoint. And who cares if it's on the DS? Remember, the DS can go up to 512MB, but knowing Wayforward, it will probably be around the 64MB to 128MB mark. That still can make for a lot of content if done right.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of hope for this one. The show is easily one of the best cartoons of the past decade, and it's being developed by a developer that tends to not disappoint. And who cares if it's on the DS? Remember, the DS can go up to 512MB, but knowing Wayforward, it will probably be around the 64MB to 128MB mark. That still can make for a lot of content if done right.

I was more so talking about graphics. I'd rather have something with really fluid 2D graphics and I don't think the DS can handle that anywhere near as well as the 3DS or Vita. I do like sprite stuff but cartoon games usually deserve similar looking graphics. Even the Naruto games have an art style to reflect its anime/cartoon style.

I'll probably still enjoy a sprite based game and being able to pirate it is nice but I've really become a sucker for nice 2D graphics as of late.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: