Hacking Advantages of Modchip?

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive had to repeat my story too many times today. In short- wii is bricked. Need a modchip to fix. Modchip will only be used once. Is there anything that would make me want I keep the modchip? I've heard that some of the games from other regions that don't work in the USB Loader (Pikmin, Pikmin 2) work with a chip. Is this true?

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
It never hurts to have a chip if only for extra security, if it's going to fix your Wii now, chances are with all these hacks and stuff coming out if it bricks again it'll be able to fix it again.
I don't really know anything about these modchips nowadays, but my Wiikey has proven quite useful on several occasions.

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually took my chip out.
i had a d2pro for d2e drive and as soon as usb loader came out, i took the chip out.
i heard modchips can strain the laser or dvd motor parts or something and shorten the lifespan of the drive.
usb loader is faster and does everything i've ever wanted so i took the chip out.
d2pro occasionally had timing issue too (after ejecting the disc, it won't accept another disc until turning off and back on).
i took it out and everything is working fine now.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well a modchip is a hardware mod and well, when its there youll never ever have to touch it again. Just pop the disc in and enjoy playing like the game was an orginal.
Well i got a WiiKey in my D2B, and yea i know that USB Loader has made it quite useless but its nice to have it there.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have a chip and i use usbL. if a game doesn't work on usbl i burn it and run it from my chip. klonoa didn't work for me on usb but it worked on my wiikey!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can get almost everything a chip does with cioscorp and preloader/starfall, only 6x speed a real advantage of modchips.

OuahOuah said:
Some backup don't run with a loader (RedSteel or Sam & Max, I think) but they run with modchips...

Red Steel is running from a loader, the only games i know that don't work from a loader are Sam & Max Season 1 and FarCry. Red Steel needs IOS Version patching to IOS249(for softmodded people) or to IOS36(for hardmodded people). Or it will work from a loader if cioscorp is installed. I know that sounds strage that modchip users need to patch the game, but it's true.

I'm talking about SoftChip R89 and up and my Gamma mod available here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=153...p;#entry1966841

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea