ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

So I have, as today a system with 4.1.0 firmware, and emummc on 9.0.1, without issues, however, I would like to try some Online free games, like Smite, Paladins, and some more, but that would require to update the 4.1.0 firmware to 9.0.1.

I do know that there is "Caffeine", which lets me reboot to a payload from Horizon, however, as of today, I dont know if this triggers a ban, or sends some kind of info, [Take in consideration that my EMUMMC has Incognito on it, and has all the personal info / serial number erased], so i was wondering, if i was missing something even bigger than what I know.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

So I have, as today a system with 4.1.0 firmware, and emummc on 9.0.1, without issues, however, I would like to try some Online free games, like Smite, Paladins, and some more, but that would require to update the 4.1.0 firmware to 9.0.1.

I do know that there is "Caffeine", which lets me reboot to a payload from Horizon, however, as of today, I dont know if this triggers a ban, or sends some kind of info, [Take in consideration that my EMUMMC has Incognito on it, and has all the personal info / serial number erased], so i was wondering, if i was missing something even bigger than what I know.

You could just go online on emuMMC. And if you don't want to do it on your current partition, you can setup another partition for going online.

Onto your real question, the only real advantage of 4.1 over 9.0.1 is the ability to launch Deja Vu. There may be other advantages in the future but these would require the use of emuMMC even if it is an untethered coldboot exploit. However the differences between 4.1 and 9.0.1 are made moot when you take into considering updating without burning fuses. And so far, there is no evidence Nintendo has banned anyone for a fuse mismatch let alone detect it.

Reactions: klear

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With EmuMMC On Atmosphere? doesn't that give you the ban-hammer ASAP?
The original purpose of emuMMC is to boot a higher firmware than your sysMMC. This is highly relevant for ipatched units that cannot update past a certain firmware or else they lose their only exploit for booting CFW. And since they can't update past certain firmware versions, that means they cannot be on the latest firmware version which is require for online play, at least on their sysMMC. Meaning the only way for owners of patched consoles to go online is with emuMMC and I don't think the developers of Atmosphere would make emuMMC that unsafe.

Also, insta-ban is a myth. There are people who are not banned with .NSP files installed.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've cleaned my nand several times, and worked without any issues.

So.. you are telling me, that booting Atmosphere with a clean copy of the sysnand, aka EmuMMC, [without using signature pathces], will let me go online without ban risk? I thought that booting Atmosphere was a trigger for ban O:

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for my situation, I never once cared about playing "backups". My objective was for save editing and dumping games for datamining.

So I don't do Emu. I just boot up the CFW with SysNAND via Hekate, boot the apps like Edizon or NXDumptool to get what I want, and continue on. I have Sys-FTPD running (via Kosmos Toolbow). All of these files setup through SDSetup.

And I'm been fine. Played Smash online plenty of times while it was active (even after editing my Smash save file for max coins and SP).

I just haven't installed anything pirated, I own all the games myself.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've cleaned my nand several times, and worked without any issues.

So.. you are telling me, that booting Atmosphere with a clean copy of the sysnand, aka EmuMMC, [without using signature pathces], will let me go online without ban risk? I thought that booting Atmosphere was a trigger for ban O:
Well, ReSwitched vehemently disagrees and while I do not like to admit it, the data agrees that going online with just Atmosphere presents little to no ban risk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DTApple @ DTApple: Did someone say llamas?