Hacking Advanscene 3DS offlinelist datfile for CRC check!

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

As I read this forum -waiting for my GW to arrive- I notice some of you having trouble with some games and/or the GW red card itself.

To make sure you have the right rom you better check the CRC against a database and I know nothing better then an offline dat file! Well on advanscene.com there is a great one. It's complete, has the right duplicate info, CRC check....

I am not saying that there are no faulty Gateway's but in case of trouble one should check all.

http://www.advanscene.com/offline/datas/ADVANsCEne_3DS.zip

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
a thank you would be better,we all know that there are online info but i dont know many that are able to create a tool to check a rom ;)
it is free enjoy it.

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oops: no direct linking allowed. Sorry about that (didn't knew).
Go to advanscene.com, enter the forum section and look for 3ds. The first post will give you the download for the offline dat file.

Gonzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is quite simple to program an offline rom checker. I just made an easy python script to do it.

It is called from a command line in the form 3ds_crc_check.py <filename>
The list of titles and checksums are read from the file 3dsreleases.xml in the same directory.

Edit:
I took a look at the AdvanceCene Dat file and add support for it as well ;)
At first the script tries to open "3dsreleases.xml" and if it doesn't exists, it searches for "ADVANsCEne_3DS.xml" to get the title list.

Attachments

• 3ds_crc_check.zip
    50.4 KB · Views: 526

Gonzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The script sometimes fail on larger rom files, so here is an update to solve it.

And it wasn't a waste of time because I found several files with different checksums :blink:. Better download them again before my GDS arrivals.

Attachments

• 3ds_crc_check.zip
    50.5 KB · Views: 585

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
but why should/would you not use the offlinelist program itself? It has nice features like filtering, rom renaming, duplicate info, supports downloading of boxart, auto-update when a new dat file is published and it is perfect of cataloging your rom collection... it supports -when configured- the launching of emulators.

and if you use Linux you probably could use GromList.

btw, I am in no way connected to offline list but love this program. My roms -from NES to 3DS- are managed by it.

Gonzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not aware of a 3DS tool from that site, I only saw the dat-file. Is there a special tool for the 3DS or can it be handled by the RToolDS as well?

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is not strictly a 3ds tool. It is a rom manager driven by dat files. There are many dat files available from Atari to zx-spectrum and almost all Nintendo platforms do have a dat file.
Unfortunately there is not 1 place to find them all.
- Advanscene has great NDS, GBA, PSP/PSN and -somewhere hidden in the forum- a 3DS ones.
- http://nointro.free.fr/ has a lot of others
- for GameCube, WII, WiiWare and WIIVC (the last two are maintained by me) you have to search gbatemp and/or google

For the program : http://offlinelist.free.fr/

google "offline list" and you get pictures of how it looks like.

oh..... you have to download a fix at advanscene.net. Go to forum, 5th topic named "Fix for OfflineList 0.7.3 beta 2"

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What is the best tool for Scene Collectors? I have almost the entire 3DS USA list but I want to use a tool to tell me which ones are missing, they are all on original RARs and folders... and what's the best tool to batch check the SFV files??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs