frown.gif
booo i say, i could play panzer generals for that

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What? Dropping the old characters? REALISTIC MILITARY UNITS?

I must admit I was a little disappointed with the DS version for essentially being the same but I still loved playing it. This however doesn't seem to make me happy much however. Wifi is a must.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
If it gets wi-fi this could be one of the best games for the DS. Turn based wi-fi could be a problem though
unsure.gif
. It looks good though
yaynds.gif
. If they had the option for RTS, it would be even better IMO.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Don't like the sound of it at all. I want cartoony graphics and old characters.
frown.gif

I was expecting maybe cell-shaded battle animations or 3D maps and units, not a sudden turn towards "realism". It killed Settlers 4, it could kill AW2 too.

It says "work title", though. Maybe in the end they'll rename it to "Platoon Battles: Decisive Strike" (notice the "DS" subtitle) or something and release it as a whole different game.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully the god-awful dialogue will be scrapped along with the kiddy graphics.

No more of this "Ha, I beat your army, now let's go for a hot dog and chill out while skateboarding and dropping phat beats, dude!" bullshit.
dry.gif

And for the love of Shiggy, give me some friggin' Online Play!
mad.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, read about it yesterday, and I couldn't be more excited. I understand the appeal of AWDS, and I'm a huge strategy fan, but I wasn't in love with the game. It didn't feel like a DS game to me; it felt like a GBA game. I'm looking forward to the second DS iteration much more.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't like the sound of it at all. I want cartoony graphics and old characters.
frown.gif

I was expecting maybe cell-shaded battle animations or 3D maps and units, not a sudden turn towards "realism". It killed Settlers 4, it could kill AW2 too.

It says "work title", though. Maybe in the end they'll rename it to "Platoon Battles: Decisive Strike" (notice the "DS" subtitle) or something and release it as a whole different game.
Considering that there was a Gamecube game called Battaltion Wars that was once called Advance Wars Under Fire which they had to change so it doesn't have any reference to the GBA/DS games, I wonder if they'll do the same.

Oh and online. I can imagine it now.

"Oh boy, you're getting crushed. Now I'm going to rush my tanks towards your HQ"
"No you won't"
*Disconnect*
"Fuck"

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Sep 29 2007, 05:26 PM)]No more of this "Ha, I beat your army, now let's go for a hot dog and chill out while skateboarding and dropping phat beats, dude!" bullshit.
dry.gif
Don't be hatin'
wink.gif

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hey, that's OK! ... I think. Just look at MegaMan Star Force. That's new, and 3D, too!
wink.gif

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Sep 29 2007, 11:26 AM)]No more of this "Ha, I beat your army, now let's go for a hot dog and chill out while skateboarding and dropping phat beats, dude!" bullshit.
dry.gif

Ha, I couldn't agree more.

Honestly I got real sick of those special moves too. I'm using tactics to beat the other team, slowly chipping them down, surrounding them, all of a sudden HYPER FIGHT WAR SPECIAL MOVE FLASH!, poof! All my units have half their hit points. I rather try a more realistic approach and see how it goes.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That reminds me, what happened to that game that was like Advance Wars that's meant to be coming out for the DS but it has hexagonal grids instead of square ones?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)