Advanced members and members that have done testin

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by GBA_Temper, Apr 3, 2007.

1. GBA_Temper
    OP

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    I need these questions answered....

1)Do i need to flash a extra DS to do a DOWNLOAD play with a DS Lite/Flashcart and a regular DS Lite without FLASHCART and FLASHME...?

2. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    In most cases, the DS receiving a download play transmission from a DS with a flash kit needs to be flashed in order to do so.

There are some exceptions to this case though. For instance, the first Bomberman for DS on my EFA works fine with download play going to unflashed units. So some games may still work with some kits. Just gotta try. For the future though, I would try the search page for the forum. This question has been asked and answered many times.

3. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    if you are using a slot 2 flash cart then yes the receiving ds needs to be flashed, flashing a receiving ds for a slot 1 flash cart appears to do nothing to help with download play though.

4. GBA_Temper
    OP

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    Well so say I have a R4 with Super Mario 64 and my friend have just the plain ds with no Game or flash cart...Do I need to flash his ds to do Download play?