Homebrew Advanced badge editor - Create your own badges and sets easily!

Should I make a video explaining and showing everything to make badges and sets?

• Yes!

Votes: 54 66.7%
  • Nah, the 425326463456 paragraphs you wrote on how to do everything explain it all!

Votes: 27 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roseverdict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am once again struck by how long it took me to get up off my butt and get into the hacking scene rip. 6 years since the initial post...oof.

If anybody's still watching this thread, are there any functional Badge Sub ID's for mega badge configurations beyond 1x1, 1x2, 2x1, and 2x2? I kinda want to try to make a 3x1, and knowing any others would always be helpful in my book. For reference, the values I know of are these:

1x1

1x2

2x1

2x2

Fingers crossed that somebody out there has the knowledge I need!

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If anybody's still watching this thread, are there any functional Badge Sub ID's for mega badge configurations beyond 1x1, 1x2, 2x1, and 2x2?
As far as I know, those values are treated sort of like binary, meaning that it's likely only possible to alternate between pairs of conditions.

XXXX = Height, Width, Vertical position, Horizontal position

Depending on which "bits" are set, the sub IDs may basically be interpreted like this:

1x1
0000 = 1, 1, top, left

1x2
0100 = 1, 2, top, left
101 = 1, 2, top, right

2x1
1000 = 2, 1, top, left
1010 = 2, 1, bottom, left

2x2
1100 = 2, 2, top, left
110 = 2, 2, bottom, left
= 2, 2, top, right
= 2, 2, bottom, right

quinman16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hay is it possible to make badge shortcut to other app like the HShop, homebrew app and other app that are non system apps (download play, mii maker, Nintendo 3DS camera, and EShop to name a foe). I tried to put the Low and high TitleIDs in there respaded fields and it made the badge normal (non shortcut badge). can anyone help me?

AwesomeMario128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be helpful to include that ejecting the sd card wipes your badge layouts (just saying because I totally didn't lose my entire badge layout or anything...)
Telling people to save their home menu layout before modifying the badges would be a nice step to have in How to restore the .dat files

Last edited by AwesomeMario128,

Samsonat0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im trynna select an application for my badge to load up and whenever i do it automatically sets it back to 'None/Unknown'
i would post a picture but gbatemp doesnt allow for local images

EDIT: nvm i figured it out lol, hadn't properly set a region yet
Post automatically merged:

PaperJacob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that there's line breaks in some badge and set names. Is there any way to do that in ABE?

Attachments

• categories.jpg
    categories.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 44

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I noticed that there's line breaks in some badge and set names. Is there any way to do that in ABE?
ABE doesn't seem to like Carriage Return control character for some reason, but looks like there's still a couple ways to use line breaks in set names:
  1. HOME Menu appears to support Unix format of line breaks (i.e. just Line Feed without Carriage Return) which ABE won't mind either, so you can, for example, make a text file with your set names in Notepad++, switch EOL format from Windows (CR LF) to Unix (LF), and then copypaste names into ABE;
  2. Or use this tutorial to get a *.cab file for any official set that already has a line break in its name (like the one in yours screenshot), import it into ABE and carefully edit the text around the place where the line break would be to not overwrite it.

Reactions: PaperJacob

PaperJacob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ABE doesn't seem to like Carriage Return control character for some reason, but looks like there's still a couple ways to use line breaks in set names:
  1. HOME Menu appears to support Unix format of line breaks (i.e. just Line Feed without Carriage Return) which ABE won't mind either, so you can, for example, make a text file with your set names in Notepad++, switch EOL format from Windows (CR LF) to Unix (LF), and then copypaste names into ABE;
  2. Or use this tutorial to get a *.cab file for any official set that already has a line break in its name (like the one in yours screenshot), import it into ABE and carefully edit the text around the place where the line break would be to not overwrite it.
IT WORKED! Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_2071.jpeg
    IMG_2071.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 42
Reactions: redunka

PaperJacob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must ask. Since you need your Nintendo Network ID in order to use Advanced Badge Editor / Simple Badge Injector, what's gonna happen if Nintendo Network shuts down?

UPDATE: I found out that if your 3DS isn't connected to Nintendo Network, your NNID on SBI will show up as "00000000." You can just put that in the NNID box in ABE and it will still work!

Last edited by PaperJacob,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1