Advance Wars Dual Strike

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by flamingambition, Jul 6, 2007.

Jul 6, 2007
  1. flamingambition
    OP

Newcomer flamingambition Newbie

Australia
    Hi there,
    I have recently brought an R6DS Real for my DS lite. It has worked flawlessly so far for Pokemon P/D, Metroid, Mario Cart and a variety of other games. However the graphics for advance wars dual strike seems quite glitchy for me. The sprites of the units and buildings on the battlefield look pixelated. I have played and finished Advance Wars 1 and 2 and I can honestly say that those sprites looked better.
    I have searched for screenshots of AWDS and the graphics I am getting from my DS lite look similar to this:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/ima...8698_NDS_12.jpg

Now compare that to this:

http://www.gamerdad.com/images/AdvanceWarsDS02.jpg

The difference may just be the quality of those screenshots but I have seen my friend's Advance Wars Dual Strike and his graphics are much better.

This might not be the fault of the R6DS however as I have tried placing the game on my EZ Flash IV and used the R6DS to boot it but the end result was the same.

I have checked if the rom itself was a defect but I have downloaded a couple more from different sources but still resulting with the same graphics.

Surely the (NDS) 0088 - Advance Wars - Dual Strike (U)(Lube) version is a clean dump?
    I have tried emulating the rom using the No$GBA and I found the sprites looking the same as they do on my DS

Is there some sort of obvious problem which I have overlooked?
    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. Sonicandtails

Member Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's what it is supposed to look like. The graphics aren't messed up, they just took an alternate approach when making it for the DS. The sprites get squished because it is supposed to give off a sense of 3D because the background is tilted. I personally don't like it but the game works in the end. Nothings wrong with your dump, don't worry about it.

3. flamingambition
    OP

Newcomer flamingambition Newbie

Australia
    Thanks for the reply, I've been playing the game for a while now and I guess I'm getting used to the graphics. Sorry about this useless topic...