Hacking Advance Wars: Days of Ruin locks up

kikoexe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I am on chapter 4 then after starting the mission (around 3 minutes or so) it just locks up on me.. the music stops and the game freezes completely.. :'(

im using the new R4 (without the spring) and my micro sd is a 2GB Kingston Japan.. firmware is 1.15.. and yes, my ROM is trimmed..
frown.gif

help me..
cry.gif

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hmmm, it could be one of three things

1- The fact that it is trimmed may have accidently been over-trimmed try the umtrimmed rom and see if the game still freezes.

2- It could just be your R4, clean the contacts of the R4 and blow inside the slot 1 hole on your DS to get rid of unwanted dust that may be causing a bad connection between them causing the lock up.

3- If none of those work it might possibly be your rom (bad dump). Try a different rom from a different site or p2p or wherever you got it.

kikoexe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so will my save file work with the EUR version? will try an untrimmed ROM though.. will post results later.. thanks!
wink.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If he used Brian's trimmer, then there is no problem with it over-trimming.
Just try a different dump of the game all together.

kikoexe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm.. guess the trimmer that i've been using really did overtrimmed the rom.. i downloaded the same rom dump that i got and did not trim it and it is now working.. guess i have to change my trimmers now..

and oh, the trimmer that ive been using is this small blue icon/box with a DS in it and a small progress bar below it.. you just drag the roms to it and the progress bar starts to fill.. once its done an "OK" sign will be shown and the trimmed roms will be in the "rom trimmees" folder that the program automaticaly creates.. i dont know what it is called so i just described it though..
biggrin.gif

anyway, thanks for all the help guys.. one last thing, where can i find brian's trimmer?
wink.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
and oh, the trimmer that ive been using is this small blue icon/box with a DS in it and a small progress bar below it.. you just drag the roms to it and the progress bar starts to fill.. once its done an "OK" sign will be shown and the trimmed roms will be in the "rom trimmees" folder that the program automaticaly creates.. i dont know what it is called so i just described it though..
biggrin.gif

I used to use that same trimmer, and it definitely overtrims a lot of games, which can break download play. It also completely fails to trim certain roms.

QUOTE said:
anyway, thanks for all the help guys.. one last thing, where can i find brian's trimmer?
wink.gif
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=55162

kikoexe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to use that same trimmer, and it definitely overtrims a lot of games, which can break download play. It also completely fails to trim certain roms.

now that you've mentioned it, maybe this is the reason why download play doesn't work with Mario Kart DS even if i am already using the latest R4 firmware..
ohmy.gif

if i re-trimmed the trimmed ROM with brian's trimmer, will it be fixed? or should i get the original ROM again and trim it with brian's trimmer?

thanks for all the help guys!
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1