OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
I was going to continue Advance Wars 1 what this second one came out, So do you suggest continuing first one or start this one from scratch?
I made this due to low possibility of finishing both.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
ok, Thnx.
The reason that I left first one was that it got so hard, or I sucked so hard at it.

I went to where there was another battle at upper screen with helicopters and planes which could help lower screen too and I barely won that with kinda brute force and I felt guilty.

Kael1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I like the second one, played 10 minutes of the first and hated every second (mandatory tutorials irritate me to no end, no game is hard to figure out >.

turtleman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I thought you were talking aboot Advance wars 1 and 2 for the gba.
tongue.gif

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
both are excellent game, it's better to start with number one since there might be a few units missing that are available in number 2... and then you get into number 3 which is way harder...

jalapeno

Trophies
XP
Country
Dual Strike is better, more gameplay options

the new one has too much of a story line, i know you can skip it but still...

ACQ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's get a few things straight here...

(GBA) Advance Wars
(GBA) Advance Wars 2 (might as well have been Advance Wars 1.5)
(NDS) Advance Wars Dual Strike (AKA Advance Wars 3 for NDS)
(NDS) Advance Wars Days of Ruin (could be loosely considered Advance Wars 4, but it's different enough in story, unit types, unit abilities, and COs that it's a stand alone Advance Wars)

All that being said, I'd say if you're playing GBA, get Advance Wars 2. If you're playing NDS, either Dual Strike or Days of Ruin are good choices. If you were to never have played either and saw each of them played side-by-side, I'd say your decision might boil down to personal taste of the themes. I personally prefer DoR for it's darker theme and exceedingly better soundtrack. I'll never say that DS or DoR is overall better than the other. They are equally superb games, each with their own pros and cons. Obviously, the addition of NintendoWiFi battles sets DoR ahead of DS, but only for that reason. Saying DoR is a better game for only that reason is hardly fair to Dual Strike, which offsets DoR with more content.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought you were talking about the GBA games too..

My thoughts,

Advance Wars 1 GBA - Good learning game for the Advance Wars Series.

Advance Wars 2 GBA - Better Story and Characters, harder challenge.

AW: Dual Strike - Good use of the Dual Screen, Professional, Good Presentation, Alittle Short campaign, Ending was ok. Good idea with the Normal and Hard campaign - changing maps.

AW: Days of Ruin - No Dual Screen! Best Story, Good Characters, Hardest of the bunch, Wifi Battles. Alittle drawn out with the dialogue, but interesting concept. More mature, darker setting. No difficulty settings! Ending was better. Last few chapters felt more like a game of chess, head scratchers..but oh well.. Last Chapter can be frustrating until you become more familiar on how to win the level.

The only one I haven't finished is the first one for the GBA.. thing is, I don't know why. I have it lying around somewhere, may have to dust it off.
smile.gif

Overall: they are all good.. I agree, its' personal choice.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's easy. Just make sure you take your time and think about where the best place is to move your units is. When I first played I rushed and tried to attack the enemy ASAP but you have to be patient.

It's kinda like chess.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend both although I do really like the slightly ''darker'' Days of ruin. The key to victory in these games is amongst many things, keeping an eye on your enemies target ranges.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's get a few things straight here...

(GBA) Advance Wars
(GBA) Advance Wars 2 (might as well have been Advance Wars 1.5)
(NDS) Advance Wars Dual Strike (AKA Advance Wars 3 for NDS)
(NDS) Advance Wars Days of Ruin (could be loosely considered Advance Wars 4, but it's different enough in story, unit types, unit abilities, and COs that it's a stand alone Advance Wars)

All that being said, I'd say if you're playing GBA, get Advance Wars 2. If you're playing NDS, either Dual Strike or Days of Ruin are good choices. If you were to never have played either and saw each of them played side-by-side, I'd say your decision might boil down to personal taste of the themes. I personally prefer DoR for it's darker theme and exceedingly better soundtrack. I'll never say that DS or DoR is overall better than the other. They are equally superb games, each with their own pros and cons. Obviously, the addition of NintendoWiFi battles sets DoR ahead of DS, but only for that reason. Saying DoR is a better game for only that reason is hardly fair to Dual Strike, which offsets DoR with more content.
You're missing about half the series. It first debuted as Famicom Wars on the Famicom, there's a partial translation patch if you ever felt like picking it up. It does not work in PocketNES/NESDS--unsupported mappers or whatever.

They made a sequel, appropriately titled Gameboy Wars. Take a guess which system.

They made three others. Gameboy Wars Turbo on the Gameboy, GB Wars 2 and GB Wars 3 on the GBC.

Somewhere in between there they released Super Famicom Wars.

They're all pretty much the same exact game, so that makes Advance Wars something like System Wars v7. AW2 System Wars v7.5? Who can even count after all these years?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol