Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp delayed to Spring 2022

FCTiUDvXICwui_p.jpeg

Nintendo have announced that Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp, originally scheduled for release on December 3rd has now been delayed until "Spring 2022".

The announcement was made via the Nintendo of America Twitter account who stated that the game requires "a little more time and fine tuning".

This is the latest in a long line of delay announcements for popular upcoming games to early 2022.

:arrow: Source

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dealy clearly isn't for Polish or bug fixing.

These games are older than a fair few here.

Nintendo hold the source code, etc. Granted they're apparently upscaling the textures, but so far everything they done gas been a low effort port, to cash in.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good i can save 60 dollars for now. also i hope it's to add dual strike that would be so cool i like dual strike the best. now i can focus on mario party superstars the D/P pokemon remake and pokemon arceus.

skins4thewin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I very much didn't like the look of the graphics in the reveal either. However that is most definitely not why it was delayed. The graphical look isn't going to be changing this late in the game. April isn't enough time to completely redesign the game's look. Although I wish that was why they are delaying it, I seriously doubt it.

Like someone else said I very much dislike the cheap Flash looking art style of Wayforward's newer Shantae stuff. It looks Saturday Morning Cartoonish and not in a good way. Also makes me wonder if the game's difficulty will be dumbed down for the kiddies. This game could end up being a shell of it's former self.....

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I very much didn't like the look of the graphics in the reveal either. However that is most definitely not why it was delayed. The graphical look isn't going to be changing this late in the game. April isn't enough time to completely redesign the game's look. Although I wish that was why they are delaying it, I seriously doubt it.

Like someone else said I very much dislike the cheap Flash looking art style of Wayforward's newer Shantae stuff. It looks Saturday Morning Cartoonish and not in a good way. Also makes me wonder if the game's difficulty will be dumbed down for the kiddies. This game could end up being a shell of it's former self.....
Advance Wars 1 and 2, outside of the final battle with Sturm in game one, really isn’t that difficult. It’s not like we’re talking about the strategy version of battletoads.

Anyways regardless of the delay I’m hopeful for some DLC with new maps and storylines. AW is my favorite series ever and if this reboot sells well we might get a new entry. Ideally developed intelligent systems. They can’t keep on only producing fire emblem and paper Mario.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The dealy clearly isn't for Polish or bug fixing.

These games are older than a fair few here.

Nintendo hold the source code, etc. Granted they're apparently upscaling the textures, but so far everything they done gas been a low effort port, to cash in.

Most of the games are actually (to mixed results) completely redone in 3D. The units, maps, and battle scenes are polygonal.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Whenever a simple game from a big software house gets delayed I picture in my head two interns who were in charge of developing the game and there's a delay because one of them quit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.