Hacking Adrenaline: which are the best graphic settings for PS TV?

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I noticed that in Adrenaline there is a Settings menù for graphic filters. In your opinion which is the best configuration? For example I currently have these settings:

Graphics Filtering: Sharp Bilinear (it adds some littles scanlines) or Advanced AA or LCD3X. I think these 3 filters are good
Smooth Graphics: YES (default)
Screen Size: 2.0 (default)
Screen Mode: Original (default)

Which is the best settings in order to play PSP/PS VITA games on lcd screen of 46" or bigger?

thanks!

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi

I noticed that in Adrenaline there is a Settings menù for graphic filters. In your opinion which is the best configuration? For example I currently have these settings:

Graphics Filtering: Sharp Bilinear (it adds some littles scanlines) or Advanced AA or LCD3X. I think these 3 filters are good
Smooth Graphics: YES (default)
Screen Size: 2.0 (default)
Screen Mode: Original (default)

Which is the best settings in order to play PSP/PS VITA games on lcd screen of 46" or bigger?

thanks!
the best grapich is the set to 1080 interlaced pixels in settnigs and boosted clocks cores with plugins
also filter is look like little creepy so i just use the "disable" options in meenus
i also recommend getting a nice gaming pc (with nvidia and intle 8th gens) to play the pppsps for upscaled 4k with psp isos, will loks much nicer pecause of the upscale and 46inches, which is rathers huige.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AA looks best to me, but that's really a person preference thing.

i also recommend getting a nice gaming pc (with nvidia and intle 8th gens) to play the pppsps for upscaled 4k with psp isos, will loks much nicer pecause of the upscale and 46inches, which is rathers huige.

As cool as PPSSPP is and impressive as the graphics are, I still prefer the PSTV. I used to be a lot more tolerant of input lag, frame skipping, and audio crackling, but at this point it's really very annoying. I don't think I've seen yet emulation on a PC that works as well as a stand alone system. Maybe some day when "high priority" actually works effectively. Or there's a lot more effort into a guaranteed promise of a certain amount of clock cycles to a process.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the best grapich is the set to 1080 interlaced pixels in settnigs and boosted clocks cores with plugins
also filter is look like little creepy so i just use the "disable" options in meenus
but are you talking about settings on a pc, not on Adrenaline on PS TV, am I right?

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally use the advanced AA at 720p. Of course if you have a 1080p screen and your TV deinterlaces well, I would just use the 1080i mode since that's a near perfect 2x scale for vita (544p) and 4x scale for PSP (272p). Before advanced AA was added sharp bilinear was my favorite filter. I also always turn off the internal bilinear filtering (smooth graphics) if I have one of Adrenaline's filters enabled.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally use the advanced AA at 720p. Of course if you have a 1080p screen and your TV deinterlaces well, I would just use the 1080i mode since that's a near perfect 2x scale for vita (544p) and 4x scale for PSP (272p). Before advanced AA was added sharp bilinear was my favorite filter. I also always turn off the internal bilinear filtering (smooth graphics) if I have one of Adrenaline's filters enabled.
mmmh ok, but where do you set the resolution? I only see the settings that I wrote above in the Adrenaline menù, nothing else...

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Best is inherently subjective, that said I go for Original since any filtering adds severe lag to all my precious golf games :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

mmmh ok, but where do you set the resolution? I only see the settings that I wrote above in the Adrenaline menù, nothing else...
In the normal system settings app! :)

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have these settings in Adrenaline 6.61...when i enter in the PSP menù, if I hold the PS buttone in the middle of the joypad, i see the Settings menù and in the Video section I only see the parameters that i wrote below in this post...nothing else...do you have another menu setting?

Best is inherently subjective, that said I go for Original since any filtering adds severe lag to all my precious golf games :)

In the normal system settings app! :)
but...are you tlaking about the settings available in Adrenaline, when you puch the PS button and then the Settings section?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but...are you tlaking about the settings available in Adrenaline, when you puch the PS button and then the Settings section?
No, resolution is in the system settings app, the one with the green livearea banner

Xathya is talking about some emulator on PC

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i remember correctly, using any of the filters while the system is set to 1080I causes framerates less than 60, so if I use filters, I reduce to 720P to use the filters Also I don't think PS one games work in 1080I. Usually the system downscales to 720P normally when loading ps one games (Not with adrenaline).

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, i'm playing to Street fighter alpha 3 on Adrenaline. I set 480p in order to have the right aspect ratio. Then in the Adrenaline setting I set:
Graphics Filtering: LCD3X
Smooth Graphics: YES
Screen Size: 2.0
Screen Mode: Original

It seems that this is the best way in order to emulate the original graphic of this game, like a crt tv. I have to try different psp games in order to discover if these settings are good: probably it is better to set 1080i on native psp games becasue the right aspect ration is 16:9 more or less.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended