Adrenaline has completely broken and I'm at the end of my wits

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Brikichu, May 24, 2017.

1. Brikichu
    OP

Brikichu Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    United States
    Let me begin by saying that I've scoured google for about two hours now searching for a possible fix and nothing has worked for me. I have TaiHenkaku working properly currently along with my other homebrew stuff, and Adrenaline was working just fine yesterday; I was able to play psp games and everything, but today I attempted to add two more games: Jeanne D'arc and Harvest Moon. Everything was running smoothly until I attempted to actually start the games. Whenever I'd go to the memory card button that shows what games you have installed, adrenaline would crash and give an error. After repeated attempts I tried rebuilding the database in the easyinstall bubble, not knowing what it would actually do in all honesty. After it did its thing I tried to open adrenaline again, to which I was met with an error immediately and it simply refused to open. Now with the situation 10 times worse than before, I went to the easyinstall bubble again and tried to uninstall adrenaline so I could reinstall it entirely, but now easyinstall couldn't find the actual adrenaline files and wouldn't let me uninstall at all, the only options available being the advanced options which had previously failed me. I've attempted to delete the adrenaline stuff myself through FTP along with the vpk and the entire adrenaline folder in pspemu, and reinstalling exactly as I had previously before everything went to hell, and I got the same result of adrenaline not opening. So now I am left with an unusable psp game (because adrenaline is using it) and easyinstall being completely dysfunctional no matter what I do. As I said I already tried looking for possible fixes, but nothing I found was related to my problem at all. My last possible idea would be to back up any save data I have and wipe my vita entirely and start from scratch, but I don't want to do that unless if there's absolutely nothing I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if these kinds of threads don't belong here then I apologize, I literally just made an account now so I could ask for help.

Quantumcat likes this.
  2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Make sure you have "unsafe homebrew" enabled in molecular shell/ vita shell if you haven't tried that yet. I had this same issue because that was turned off. If anything, delete the psp game you tried to load,, uninstall the base game you are using, rebuild the database again, and then try the latest easy installer and use its option to create the psp bubble. also, here are the V4 files if you need them at all https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases/tag/v4

3. Brikichu
    OP

Brikichu Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    United States
    I confirmed that unsafe homebrew was enabled, and I just deleted both games I downloaded that started this mess, and I deleted and redownloaded the psp game I had used for adrenaline. I just now rebuilt the database and I'm going to try to create the psp bubble in the installer like you suggested, I also dropped that adrenaline folder you linked into the pspemu folder along with the 661.pbp

edit: just tried to install the psp basegame through easyinstall, and it spit out an error when "creating folders in ux0:/pspemu/bgdl/00000001.."

Last edited by Brikichu, May 24, 2017
  4. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    like nero99 said "unsafe homebrew" is a must i had a similar issue & all i had to do was delete molecular shell & vita shell reinstall henkaku holding R1 .. install vitashell again from a vpk ... turn on "unsafe homebrew" in molecular shell then
    reboot my vita from molecular shell...
    after restart quick check in vitashell for unsafe HB is on
    then i copied everything with easy installer ( adrenaline v3.1 from scratch skipped v4 ... ) and then after all that ... everything is perfect again good luck ...

5. Brikichu
    OP

Brikichu Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    United States
    Tried everything you guys have suggested to no avail; I did manage to get the basegame install to work and install adrenaline on top of it, but then I'm back to square one as it refuses to launch it. My last resort is to attempt to install adrenaline the old fashioned manual way and if that doesn't working I'm wiping. Thanks for the responses, however.

SuperDan likes this.
  6. SuperDan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    ahh shit ... hope it works out bro

7. Brikichu
    OP

Brikichu Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    United States
    Well, installing manually didn't work either, so I finally said screw it and wiped (after backing up my saves and such) and started from scratch, but I finally got it to work. I honestly have no clue what went wrong to begin with but I'll stay away from those games in the future since I installed them at the same time frame that things went bad.

SuperDan likes this.
  8. SuperDan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    ah well stuff it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it works now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the past is history & the future is a mystery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just enjoy it until the next headache

9. Brikichu
    OP

Brikichu Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    United States
    Haha, you're definitely right. There wasn't too much of value installed anyhow that I wasn't able to back up so all I lost was some time really. I hope it'll be smooth sailing from here, though/

10. SuperDan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    me too but hacking consoles always turns into a bastard sometimes .xbox 360 wii wii U ps3 vita the whole lot at some points it just does our heads in ... but always worth it in the end ... i wonder how many people got fukt during he NDS daze

Last edited by SuperDan, May 25, 2017