Hacking Adrenaline ePSP Custom Firmware will have custom IPL and 64MB RAM

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the hacking level, though, it means TheFlow has been able to fundamentally alter the PSP Firmware installed on the PS Vita, rather than having to do runtime hacks. Although it won’t make a major difference to the end user, from a hacking perspective this is pretty major.
64 MB of RAM in ePSP

Maybe more importantly, TheFloW announced that he has unlocked the PSP’s extra RAM. Now, some of you might remember that the original PSP, the psp 1000, had only 32MB of RAM. With 8MB used by the system, this left only 24MB for homebrew. The PSP 2000 introduced 64MB, and as such games and homebrews had access to at total of 56MB (a 133% improvement). Although all games were compatible with the PSP 1000, this additional RAM gave them an option to load faster or use higher resolution textures.
Some PSP homebrews also run significantly better with 64MB, including Daedalus (although, of course, I don’t see many people using emulators within the PSP when we have RetroArch on the Vita).
From my perspective, the 64MB unlock will have a more significant impact on end users than the cIPL. Both of these achievements are extremely cool either way, and I can’t wait to get my hands on Adrenaline for my PS Vita!

Adrenaline.jpg

read more

Source: TheFlow on twitter

https://twitter.com/theflow0

Last edited by SuperDan,

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty awesome, really can't wait for PSP games to be fully available on the Vita with this, there are so many gems that never made their way onto PSN store.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night