Adrenaline 6.61 not Booting into PSP XMB - Black Screen

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by mrgames, Feb 10, 2017.

1. mrgames
    OP

mrgames Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2013
    United States
    SOLVED - 661.PBP wasn't fully transferred. Deleted incomplete one, and transferred the whole file, and now I'm feeling all types of PSP related nostalgia - cheers

so I get everything working, except the boot into the PSP XMB, I just get stuck on a black screen. The Adrenaline Menu can still be accessed, and if I hold R I can access the Recovery Tools, but I can’t seem to access the actual PSP emulation :C Please help

Details
    - I used to use TN-V back in the day.
    - created the ePSP bubble via installer - worked fine
    - utilized adrenaline easy installer, inserted eboot and renamed to 661.PBP
    - vita is activated
    - no literal errors are shown
    - everything is supposedly installed, but just shown black screen, doesn't boot into psp

Last edited by mrgames, Feb 10, 2017
    MKKhanzo likes this.
  2. ayanekochan

ayanekochan GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2015
    United States
    Have you tried rebooting? I get this sometimes too and it's probably because adrenaline is still in its early stages. Hopefully we get 64mb ram support soon.

3. mrgames
    OP

mrgames Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2013
    United States
    I have, but still nothing :C - just to double check the current implementation of henkaku utilizes tai, so there shouldn't be any error steming from the use of such, right?

4. ayanekochan

Aug 6, 2015
    United States
    Yes, you have to be using taihenkaku for adrenaline to work, by pointing to beta.henkaku.xyz.

5. mrgames
    OP

mrgames Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2013
    United States
    Yeah I've done such, though have always been redirected to go.henkaku.xyz, which I thought would mean that they've just redirected the old url to go.henkaku.xyz, as it's both the same thing at this point. Maybe I have a faulty 661 eboot?

6. mrgames
    OP

mrgames Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2013
    United States
    Problem Solved - Was the EBOOT, I transferred it in around 1-2 months ago, but upon seeing that a game was required, just left it there, ready to go. Unfortunately I thought I transferred all of it, but it was only 9mb, not 31mb. Whoooops. No wonder no one else had my error lol.

Thanks Anyways ayanekochan, and anyone else that was about to help. Hell blessed be all, shit finally works :)

7. ayanekochan

Aug 6, 2015
    United States
    Glad it worked out for you! Enjoy!

8. thealgorithm

thealgorithm GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2015
    I had the same error (black screen). I uninstalled adrenalin, then installed it again, then it worked