Adrenalin, what is my best option for versions

Adrian-E-C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to what lengths Sony went to actually offer that functionality without adding more hardware and thus making it more expensive.
Sony actually DID add hardware in order for the Vita to support PSP. You are such an idiot. Seriously I can see you picturing how the insides of a Vita work and it is like watching a caveman try t read war and peace. you just gotta stop you horribly underinformed goofball :P

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sony actually DID add hardware in order for the Vita to support PSP. You are such an idiot. Seriously I can see you picturing how the insides of a Vita work and it is like watching a caveman try t read war and peace. you just gotta stop you horribly underinformed goofball :P
You have the reading comprehension of a third grader. The CPU is handled via hardware, the GPU is not, some other small pieces are handled via hardware because they're almost identical. If an integral part is missing from the Vita how do you believe it is solved in software?

Hint: The rest of the world calls the approach Sony picked emulation.

If we are including hardware in the equation, yeah, GPU is a very small component (even the most powerful components are useless without an infrastructure for that component to actually y'know...do something. I would call RAM a small component of a larger system too). Why would you think otherwise? That is a rhetorical question. You don't need to make yourself look stupid by answering.
You are so precious! Comparing a complex part like a GPU running actual code to something like RAM whose only purpose is to hold and move data. What an amazing straw man, and then the rhetorical question to try and get a claim of authority, truly a work of art.

Please tell me which code is being run on a RAM chip, I am on the edge of my seat for your explanation.

Also, just so you really know your ideas are idiotic, go open an ISO from PSN, one available for the PSPgo, and the vita, you'll notice the data is 100% unchanged. Meaning the PSP games have not been ported, they are playing in their original state. Not 98% identical, not 99% identical,100%. Because it is the same game as what plays on PSP. Not a port. This includes games that released for PSP long before the vita came out.
That is indeed what is made possible with the general purpose emulator Sony offers on the Vita. If the Vita didn't offer emulating a PSP GPU as a baseline feature you would not be able to load up any PSP ISO files and play them without any extra steps on your part.

Now you just need to find someone with a few more crayons than I have and ask them to explain to you what "natively" means to the rest of the world outside your make believe playground, and then what "porting" means for good measure, and then you might have a chance understanding my point from over two days ago.
and in the meantime stay out of my thread with your useless pedantic nonsense :)
And potentially miss you throwing another tantrum? No, thank you.

Last edited by RAHelllord,

Adrian-E-C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have the reading comprehension of a third grader. The CPU is handled via hardware, the GPU is not, some other small pieces are handled via hardware because they're almost identical. If an integral part is missing from the Vita how do you believe it is solved in software?

Hint: The rest of the world calls the approach Sony picked emulation.

You are so precious! Comparing a complex part like a GPU running actual code to something like RAM whose only purpose is to hold and move data. What an amazing straw man, and then the rhetorical question to try and get a claim of authority, truly a work of art.

Please tell me which code is being run on a RAM chip, I am on the edge of my seat for your explanation.

That is indeed what is made possible with the general purpose emulator Sony offers on the Vita. If the Vita didn't offer emulating a PSP GPU as a baseline feature you would not be able to load up any PSP ISO files and play them without any extra steps on your part.

Now you just need to find someone with a few more crayons than I have and ask them to explain to you what "natively" means to the rest of the world outside your make believe playground, and then what "porting" means for good measure, and then you might have a chance understanding my point from over two days ago.

And potentially miss you throwing another tantrum? No, thank you.
Awww, you are hilarious when trying to sidestep your original claim that PSP games need to be ported to Vita. LOL. idiot. Just chill.

Also, try to run ANY game on Vita or PSP without RAM, seems pretty useless to you but without it, you cant do anything can you? Every part of the system is important, that doesn't mean "its BIG". Get a clue.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't want to wade in to the middle of an argument but adrenaline does do something to games that whatever Sony are using doesn't. Some games using adrenaline have glitches, that are not present in vita store purchased versions of the same game. This is proven and beyond question. Why this happens I have no idea but for whatever reason, adrenaline isn't "quite" as good as games running purchased from the store in some titles.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Don't want to wade in to the middle of an argument but adrenaline does do something to games that whatever Sony are using doesn't. Some games using adrenaline have glitches, that are not present in vita store purchased versions of the same game. This is proven and beyond question. Why this happens I have no idea but for whatever reason, adrenaline isn't "quite" as good as games running purchased from the store in some titles.

https://github.com/KuromeSan/chovy-sign/releases

but that means no DLC, no plugins for 60FPS cheats etc.. I hypothesize the glitches are due to the overhead of loading in the XMB first which must somehow remain allocated in the memory after launching a game. This may also be the reason why the same titles launched via Adrenaline Bubble Launcher are a bit snappier:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/adrenal...duces-input-lag-over-using-adrenaline.605839/

What titles are you having issues with? Try them with both the above variables and let us know what you find.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Adrian-E-C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/KuromeSan/chovy-sign/releases

but that means no DLC, no plugins for 60FPS cheats etc.. I hypothesize the glitches are due to the overhead of loading in the XMB first which must somehow remain allocated in the memory after launching a game. This may also be the reason why the same titles launched via Adrenaline Bubble Launcher are a bit snappier:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/adrenal...duces-input-lag-over-using-adrenaline.605839/

What titles are you having issues with? Try them with both the above variables and let us know what you find.
Yeah I tested out the bubble launcher, and though it doesn't do any graphical improvements over games run through Vita's firmware (they still look as blurry and janky as they do running through adrenaline), I have noticed less lag and snappier experience in general.
Ha, don't sweat it, some dudes love being pedantic, and not actually adding anything to a conversation except for derailing someone's thread with semantic arguments that ultimately don't actually matter to the topic at hand.

I appreciate your response, and I think you're totally right.

Glad to have the topic back on track :)

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
I read somewhere that apparently the PSTV isn't exactly the same chipset as the Vita and that it also has a baked in bilinear filter that can't be turned off plus its scaler isn't the best.

Doesn't sound like a recipe for crispy clean images if you ask me but you learn something new every day.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, the TV uses a different chipset, but another problem is that the resolution isn't the same as the Vita. The Vita's 544p (and PSP's 272p) doesn't cleanly fit into the 480p, 720p, or 1080i the TV supports, so you need a filter at some point if you want to use the entire picture. As I've said way earlier in the thread Adrenaline's custom scaling options might help that by manually setting it to a multiple of 272p, but you'd get more or less bigger black borders around the picture that way. Using TV settings to smooth might be another option but not very likely to help much if any. Particularly if the TV has a good upscaler setting the Vita to 480p might help get rid of some of the edges.

There is a chance Adrenaline runs worse on the Vita TV than on the handhelds due to the chipset changes, too. But I haven't seen anything either confirming or denying that, just that in general some games run a worse on the TV. On the other hand it's much more likely Sony's built in emulator will be better optimized for there than Adrenaline.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Interesting, was news to me as I thought they'd just took the battery, screen etc.. off the Vita to make the PSTV as that was apparently supposed to have TV out built in originally like the PSPs instead of redoing it.

That 544p screen though, it really does scream "Here are PSP games in perfect 2x upscale" because there is no logical reason for them to do that apart from that. Def think that feature was intended at some point and got canned due to security fears because look at how many other tweaks they added into the PSP side to bring it up to par, only to leave the graphics lagging behind.

Somewhere in a parallel universe the OG PSP didn't ship with totally open firmware and wasn't bust open on day one and in that timeline the Vita offered native 2x out of the gate and was actually supported...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: