Adquired Amiiqo, which cheap NFC Mobile can use?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by BeRnYGP, Dec 8, 2015.

1. BeRnYGP
    OP

BeRnYGP GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2015
    Mexico
    I have just adquired Amiiqo, the problem is just i dont have yet an android nfc mobile phone. I want to know if i buy a cheap NFC android it can work? I have seen the list of compabilities but there is a better option for knowing if it will work?

2. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2009
    Just bring the Amiiqo and try it on the phone, see if it works before you buy.

3. Azel

Azel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    wait and get the windows usb nfc thingy from amiiqo ?

4. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Problem is that OP must install the apk on the phone to see if it works properly, but I think that amiiqo is compatible with various chipsets used in the most smartphones.
    There is a compatibility list on this thread at Maxconsole: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/290963-Amiiqo-Android-Phone-Compatibility
    Try getting the NFC chipset used in the target smartphone that you want and compare to those used in the listed models or if you're lucky you'll find the phone model itself.
    Only to add (since I didn't read this thread yet), I've tested amiiqo 1.2 apk succesfully on a Samsung Galaxy S4 and Zenfone 2 Deluxe, and both devices doesn't accept some re-writtable NFC tags used in brazilian payment cards used in public transports systems.

paulloeduardo likes this.
  5. iQue

iQue GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2013
    There is (or a gateway soon to be released/shipping on 11th December, that if the date does not change ...yet again) an NFC Reader Writer for the amiiqo, it about £22 ...so a little cheaper than a NFC phone.

You can check the amiiqo site for a list of resellers, but playmods will ship worldwide for an extra £4.99.

[​IMG]

6. BeRnYGP
    OP

BeRnYGP GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2015
    Mexico
    It seems Amiiqo team has changed the name to N2 Elite and not only that, it has released a USB Reader/Writer. Has anyone tested it?

7. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    So this means people can pirate amiibo's or no?

8. BeRnYGP
    OP

BeRnYGP GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2015
    Mexico
    Kinda, but several people have reported its not working in totally. So thats why i want to know if someone from this community has tested the USB Reader/Writer...

Last edited by BeRnYGP, Dec 28, 2015
  9. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    i might as well buy one then.

10. BeRnYGP
    OP

BeRnYGP GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2015
    Mexico
    Too bad. It didnt work. It seems the Amiiqo team have to fix their Windows/OSX program.

11. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    ill use the mobile version since it seems pretty cool and ill post mu findings.