Adding files to iso?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Godson777, Jan 1, 2012.

Jan 1, 2012

Adding files to iso? by Godson777 at 2:25 AM (949 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Godson777
    OP

Member Godson777 Everyone's Favorite Blue Mario

United States
    Hello, I have a bit of a problem, I'm making a just for fun NSMBW hack, and I want to add custom tilesets to the game, but I don't want to replace the original ones, I saw this: http://ask.gbatemp.net/744/i-idx and I tried doing what the best answer said. I tried about five times, and every time, it ended up corrupted... (luckily I kept a backup, so thats how I tried about five times.) I need help with this, is there really a way to add files to the iso without replacing existing files? And if there is, how do I do it?

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Check out wit, it can extract the file and re-pack it.

3. Godson777
    OP

United States
    Thanks, I just downloaded, I read the guides... and I have no idea how to use this.... This is confusing to me........ :S sorry if I'm causing any trouble....

4. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Dont know what you mean by "adding files without replacing".
    If you simply add new files to an ISO it wont do anything, as all the files are defined in some other file in the iso, meaning any file not listed there will be ignored and/or result in a crash/black screen.

The normal procedure is replacing old files with new files. Personally I use wiiscrubber, ct2 and szs tools for that.

5. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    This just for fun hack is something I would be interested in if you get pretty far along with it :) or even beta testing it. Just let me know IM or something.

6. Godson777
    OP

United States
    Nope, it does not cause a crash/black screen, because after not having posts after my reply to FIX94's post, I had to keep reading the stuff about wit. Until I figured it out. I extracted all of the iso's contents and then added my tileset to the extracted files, and then repacked all the files which had contained my custom tileset, back into the iso, tested it out.... No crash/black screen! And I saw my tileset too!

7. Wiimm

Member Wiimm Developer

Germany
    1.) extract your IMAGE: wit extract IMAGE.ISO DESTDIR/
    2.) replace + modify + add + remove files in the files in hierarchy DESTDIR/...
    3.) create a new image: wit copy DESTDIR/ NEWIMAGE.ISO
    add --id NEWID6 if yo want a different ID

Not only ISO images are supported, other formats like WMFS, CISO, WDF and some more are supported too.