Hacking Adding English Channels to Japanese (NTSC-J) Wii

cosynmr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Does anyone know how to add English channels to my Japanese Wii? (D2CKey I think)

Ideally it would be great to have the shopping channel and the web browser.

Although any English channels would be good. Are there any useful channels that can be installed from games?

Thanks!

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
I don't think adding hacked shopping channel to your wii is a good idea since it connects directly to nintendo server and has log of your transaction. next thing you get is banned.

Vampant

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You would be able to install at least the weather and news ones off certain updates would you not?

But i dont know if they would work right

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
He didn't say anything about hacking, and this banning nonsense is ridiculous.

cosynmr, if I remember correctly I heard of some guy in your situation that just e-mailed Nintendo customer support, and they replied with the instruction to do it. I guess they can give you a link to download English channels, but keep in mind that I can't confirm this.

cosynmr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks for the replies!

I'll definitely send an email to Nintendo, that would be a perfect way to do it.

Thanks for the post about adding weather and news from certain updates, do you know which updates I could use to add various channels? I currently have firmware 3.2J on the Wii.

cosynmr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Got a reply from nintendo that basically said the Wii is meant for the region it was sold in, so no.

I have found a file called Opera.Internet.Channel-WiiShop-PAL-Wii-WaLMaRT, does anyone know if this will work with a NTSC-J machine?

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cosynmr said:
Got a reply from nintendo that basically said the Wii is meant for the region it was sold in, so no.
I see, sorry 'bout that. It seems their usual region locking policy is to be interpreted in the most comprehensive, idiotic way.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
cosynmr said:

I have found a file called Opera.Internet.Channel-WiiShop-PAL-Wii-WaLMaRT, does anyone know if this will work with a NTSC-J machine?
I use now the japanese version on my Pal wii.
i think it works.
I used also Super mario 64 NTSC-J (set region to Pal with freethewads) and that works also !

cosynmr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
QUOTE said:
I see, sorry 'bout that. It seems their usual region locking policy is to be interpreted in the most comprehensive, idiotic way.

yeah, worth a try though!

QUOTEI use now the japanese version on my Pal wii.
i think it works.
I used also Super mario 64 NTSC-J (set region to Pal with freethewads) and that works also !

That's good news! I'll patch that wad with freethewads and install it. I'll post back in a bit with an update. - update - didn't install with wadinstaller2.1 with freethewads, didn't run without freethewads.

Haha, maybe we should swap Wii's.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey