Homebrew Added a bunch of .cia files to my cws n3dsxl. Now all cws stuff is gone. Help!

treeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just looks like the normal health and safety app "Health and Safety Information." with the "!" icon. Starting it brings up the normal health and safety app, no FBI.

One thing to note, - on step 7 of your instructions "7) Select a name for the dump file by using Left or Right on the D-Pad. Default is "hs.app"." - when I selected the hs app, it appeared like this if I recall correctly : hs.app(!)
with the exclamation point. It let me select it though, and it ran the dump.

treeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you were on emunand and now you're not.
Do you have emunand installed?

I'm a total noob. How can you tell if you have or not? I just did the phailect guide on a brand new n3ds.

What could I have possibly done to my 3ds to cause this?

What settings or apps should I never open up on a system with cws?

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@treeman
Did you have an emunand on your sd card before?
Also, check your luma startup config if the following are checked:
  • "Autoboot SysNAND"
  • "Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)"
  • "Show NAND or user string in System Settings"
  • "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"
Then check your system firmware under settings. What does it say?

treeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@treeman
Did you have an emunand on your sd card before?
Also, check your luma startup config if the following are checked:
  • "Autoboot SysNAND"
  • "Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)"
  • "Show NAND or user string in System Settings"
  • "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"
Then check your system firmware under settings. What does it say?

Last night I checked this, it was this.
I have Luma v6.1.2

The following are checked:
- Autoboot SysNand
- use SysNand Firm if booting with R (a9lh)
- show current NAND in system settings
- show GBA boot screen in patched agb_firm

My firmware under settings is 11.0.33 or whatever, if I recall

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just looks like the normal health and safety app "Health and Safety Information." with the "!" icon. Starting it brings up the normal health and safety app, no FBI.

One thing to note, - on step 7 of your instructions "7) Select a name for the dump file by using Left or Right on the D-Pad. Default is "hs.app"." - when I selected the hs app, it appeared like this if I recall correctly : hs.app(!)
with the exclamation point. It let me select it though, and it ran the dump.
The "hs.app(!)" just means that the file "hs.app" already exists on your SD card and that the dump will overwrite it. You're sure you put both hs.app and fbi.cia in the "input" folder in your Universal Inject Generator directory? And that you selected whichever "FBI_inject" file you put in files9 (with Left or Right on the D-Pad) when you did the inject through Decrypt9/Hourglass9?

Last night I checked this, it was this.
I have Luma v6.1.2

The following are checked:
- Autoboot SysNand
- use SysNand Firm if booting with R (a9lh)
- show current NAND in system settings
- show GBA boot screen in patched agb_firm

My firmware under settings is 11.0.33 or whatever, if I recall
Before the firmware version in your System Settings, does it say "Sys" or "Emu"?

I've gotta go now, but I'll be back soon.

treeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "hs.app(!)" just means that the file "hs.app" already exists on your SD card and that the dump will overwrite it. You're sure you put both hs.app and fbi.cia in the "input" folder in your Universal Inject Generator directory? And that you selected whichever "FBI_inject" file you put in files9 (with Left or Right on the D-Pad) when you did the inject through Decrypt9/Hourglass9?

Before the firmware version in your System Settings, does it say "Sys" or "Emu"?

I've gotta go now, but I'll be back soon.

It says "Sys 11.0.0-33U"

And yes I followed the directions exactly. I am going to try again tonight.

treeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i redid the steps from earlier in this thread, got it to work now. Thanks a lot!

I realize what I did wrong - I didn't select the right file on this step:
18) Select the version of "FBI_Inject.app" you placed in the files9 directory.

Anyway, for future reference, what should I absolutely never do on my 3ds to prevent anything like this from happening again?

Once I get everything set up property, can I keep the internet off all the time? I'm sick of getting nagged to upgrade the firmware, and I don't like it when it downloads demos for me without asking first.

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i redid the steps from earlier in this thread, got it to work now. Thanks a lot!

Anyway, for future reference, what should I absolutely never do on my 3ds to prevent anything like this from happening again?

Once I get everything set up property, can I keep the internet off all the time? I'm sick of getting nagged to upgrade the firmware, and I don't like it when it downloads demos for me without asking first.
You can turn off automatic demo downloads in the settings. Go to internet settings then click spotpass and turn off automatic software downloads. Also, make sure you use the latest stable version of luma3ds.

Last edited by zeldaism,
D

Deleted User

Backup the sysnand from hourglass/decrypt9 once a while (I backup it once a week or when I install new software) so u can just restore everything back. Allways keep the latest backup in the pc (u dont need older backups, they are heavy)
U have a9lh if I understand what u did. In that case nothing unrestoreable can go wrong w/o u doing some very complicated stuff on purpose. So just relax. Also install jksm- its a cia homebrew which backs up the saves of the games. I backup all my active games' saves once a week just in case.
I use with same setup as yours the internet on the n3ds all the time. It can make no problems. Dont be afraid to do it :-)
Also with a9lh youre pretty safe so if anything goes wrong just ask here...
If u have latest fbi then u can install freeshop by just scanning a qr code found on the thread of freeshops release. Go and scan it....
So just backup yr sysnand now just in case...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW whats cws?

Do you realise that a9lh isnt everything? i'm still using emunand with menuhax and since the latest release of luma my boot rate improved a lot...
A9LH master race menuhax peasant race lol

Srsly, thats outa topic of this thread so pls dont post such things here.

Reactions: zeldaism

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.