ROM Hack RELEASE Add your own Songs to Let's Sing 2019

Quiggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What was your issue when trying to add new songs? I tried it today with the actual Lets Sing 2022 and it works! It is appearing in the catalogue and I can start it. The only thing that is actually buggy is the recognition input. The timing of the text is correct but it seems there is missing something for me. Maybe it has something to do with the inpuit file? Will try to debug this one next...

Quiggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok got it. I needed to convert the file wih -p 0 parameters. It is now working fine! Added two new songs to a dlc in the game that way!

Reactions: peteruk

Quiggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I added new Songs. I just added them to the names file and used a high id in the meta file so that its not already used. And make sure all the files for it have the Right Name.

Reactions: peteruk

Omnia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I added new Songs. I just added them to the names file and used a high id in the meta file so that its not already used. And make sure all the files for it have the Right Name.
Alright, I just downloaded the 2022 version and I can confirm they changed some things, previous DLC definitely didn't have this "names" file and it's a breeze to add new songs now lol. Seems like there's some changes also with the meta XML, the VXLA and backgrounds, but looks like nothing breaks the existing script, I didn't have time to take a deeper look yet though.

Reactions: LiborNX and peteruk

LiborNX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I went NSC_Builder > 6. Advanced Mode > 4. Extract nca content
with the main nsp and some dlcs (2022) ...Songs are there but can't find the xxx_meta.xml and names files. Any tip? 🙏

Last edited by LiborNX,

Omnia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I went NSC_Builder > 6. Advanced Mode > 4. Extract nca content
with the main nsp and some dlcs (2022) ...Songs are there but can't find the xxx_meta.xml and names files. Any tip? 🙏
Not sure about nsc builder, I've used nxdumptool. For the base game you won't find these files, only the streamingassets folder,but all the DLCs should have them in the root folder.

Reactions: LiborNX

LiborNX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I figured NCA-NSP-XCI to LayeredFS extractor also does the job and all from your PC (more convenient than nxdumptool for my use). Thanks @18Phoenix for the info and @Assasin1990 for the tool

1.) Use "newest" 1.6.4 located here: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/nca-nsp-xci_to_layeredfs-rar.174634/
2.) Use the "newest" hactool here: https://github.com/SciresM/hactool/releases
3.) Extracting NSP:
  • extract a Base NSP:
    2-4 : 2 eShop NSP - 4 Extract GAME Files
  • extract an Update NSP:
    2-5 : 2 eShop NSP - 5 Extract UPDATE Files
You'll get everything you need.​
To combine both copy everthing from the update to the base files overwriting all.​
Keep in mind that this steps extract only the Program NCAs.​

NCA-NSP-XCI to LayeredFS extractor

Reactions: 18Phoenix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too