ADD songs to Rock Band 3

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wolfpack1221, Jun 26, 2011.

Jun 26, 2011

ADD songs to Rock Band 3 by wolfpack1221 at 1:45 AM (1,071 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. wolfpack1221
    OP

Newcomer wolfpack1221 Newbie

United States
    Is it possible to add songs to rock band 3. I would like to be able to rip the songs from RB1, RB2, GH1-5, The Beatles etc and burn em right into an ISO for rock band 3 (dlc would also be nice but whatever)

I understand it would be a massive ISO but since im loading from an external HDD anyways I dont care that much

so main questions follow

1. Can I add songs to an iso (preferably RB3 but whatever works)
    2. What tools to I need to easily rip song data from the other games (I have isos for all of them)

2. mrpinkeye

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i have no idea but would also like them all in one playlist! but how the hell would guitar hero games work in rock band!?

3. wolfpack1221
    OP

Newcomer wolfpack1221 Newbie

United States
    im pretty sure they use the same basic format, you jut need to convert them or something

4. mrpinkeye

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    interesting! im not technical enough to help with that but im gonna keep an eye on this thread...good luck! send me a pm if you manage to get the RB tracks into one ISO cause i hate switching the games [​IMG]

5. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Something tells me you lack the technical skills to know what you're talking about*.

But meh...if you want to prove me wrong, go right ahead. For now, I can only say that this hasn't been done before. RawkSD (look it up) may have had that potential, but
    A. it only supported rock band 2
    B. it was never meant for pirating purposes
    C. imported songs from rock band or guitar hero worked as DLC and never touched the image (in fact, you need a retail rock band 2 copy to even play it)
    D. it ceased maintenance

*a note: it's not like I know that much more about coding. But I do know that the "jut need to convert them or something" is usually where ideas like this die out because the amount of work and knowledge involved is hugely underestimated

6. fubka

Member fubka GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You need RawkSD 3.0 beta 5 which is not currently released

7. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Rubbish, it's been available to anyone since april. That's irrelevant though, because it does/will not support RB3 (which I've already told you several times, ignoring me won't change that).

8. qwertymodo

Member qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That's ok, ignoring you is fun enough to justify doing so regardless...