1. smileyhead

OP smileyhead This is definitely not a robotic component!

Hungary
    I have the 'Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply' flag turned on in my preferences, and most of the time it really is a useful feature, but in some cases I would like to reply to threads without getting notified about any reply (like when I comment on news threads or there is an ongoing discussion I don't wish to be a part of) without then having to scroll up to the top of the page and manually unwatch the thread.
    There could be a checkbox under the quick reply panel to check if you don't want to automatically watch the thread.

upload_2019-10-7_22-14-5.png

Quantumcat, Issac and LonelyPhantom like this.
  2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    I don't think it'd be that useful myself (I mean, the whole point in replying to a thread is to actively engage in a conversation) but I can see where that may be useful I guess.

There is sort of an auto-unwatch already, you simply ignore the first alert you get for a thread and voilà, you'll never get a notification about it (besides likes and quotes, of course) unless you open that thread again...which you wouldn't, if you want to ignore it.

Quantumcat likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - replying, specific, watching