Homebrew Add many more screen layout options in DS virtual console games

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to do this through wup installer format? the content folder is only on unpacked vc games

possibly with nus packer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wouldn't worry too much about doing it manually though. if the games are on usb, that's where they'll be. you only really need to watch the slc partition, which you won't mess with.

Reactions: Kris1

KaceyTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you considered a layout that supports having large top display, small bottom display on the TV, with the opposite on the gamepad?

Would be very good for capturing footage of games like the Call of Dutys.

Odd-Technician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question: Would having either both screens possible on the gamepad and the TV possible? (For example: Have Top screen in both gamepad and tv screen or Bottom screen on both as well)

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question: Would having either both screens possible on the gamepad and the TV possible? (For example: Have Top screen in both gamepad and tv screen or Bottom screen on both as well)
I see what you're asking, that's totally doable, I can see why that might be desired.

ruffo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Could anybody describe the process to achieve this? I would not like to mess it up.
the path directory of where to put this files is very much unclear
I'm only using NAND to install games (I don't have a HDD).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added these to all of my ds games. the way I got the title id was using saviine or acting like I was going to use it. I couldn't find any ds games on the title key site iirc.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have now updated the config with a total of 47 different layouts now! Mostly I just added as many logical pixel perfect options I could, I also added the single screen (top or bottom) on both displays options too. I haven't taken images of all the options, but they all work as intended. Pixel Perfect layouts will have a DS Lite border where appropriate instead of the standard DS. Pixel perfect options will not display the images of the DS Lite borders in the layout menu, I tried and thought I figured it out, but they just don't show up there, obviously not a big deal though.

I'll try and take images or video of all the new options shortly. Otherwise download the updated files here.

Please note, with all the additional layout options, when you select one with A, there is initially a new delay of a second or 2 before the layout is now selected, not a big deal, but slightly irritating all the same.

Attachments

• DS Configs Update 47 options.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 147

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have now updated the config with a total of 47 different layouts now! Mostly I just added as many logical pixel perfect options I could, I also added the single screen (top or bottom) on both displays options too. I haven't taken images of all the options, but they all work as intended. Pixel Perfect layouts will have a DS Lite border where appropriate instead of the standard DS. Pixel perfect options will not display the images of the DS Lite borders in the layout menu, I tried and thought I figured it out, but they just don't show up there, obviously not a big deal though.

I'll try and take images or video of all the new options shortly. Otherwise download the updated files here.

Please note, with all the additional layout options, when you select one with A, there is initially a new delay of a second or 2 before the layout is now selected, not a big deal, but slightly irritating all the same.

Hi man, thanks for you contribution. Is there any easy way to do this on installed games? other than FTPii U?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi man, thanks for you contribution. Is there any easy way to do this on installed games? other than FTPii U?

I used saviine iirc to get the title id of the three or four ds games I have installed. it worked flawlessly with all of them. I did use ftpii u everywhere. and, I only skipped over the cbhc game.

Reactions: Mr Objection

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1