Hacking Adata MicroSD owners?

magikalfly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey. I was just reading around some and found out that the Adata super microsd cards are the only other cards, besides the Kingmax microsd, which use SLC-Single Level Cell to achieve faster performance.

I read on GBAtemp that Danny, from M3, recommended a Kingmax or PNY microsd to ensure Castlevania POR runs smoothly. I couldn't find out anything about PNY card speeds but the Kingmax is suppose to be 10.5MB/s Max read and 8.9MB/s Max write.

Any Adata super owners care to try running some benches or tell us about POR crashing or not?

Sidenote, someone should compile a list of microsd cards and info from users such as speeds, made in, crashing or slowdowns in games.

Edit: Anybody? If anyone with an Adata super card tells me POR works perfectly, I'm just going to buy it this minute...

Edit: F* it. I just ordered a Ritek Ridata 1GB from meritline. They're suppose to be 115x high speed cards so we'll see.

False Hope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey. I was just reading around some and found out that the Adata super microsd cards are the only other cards, besides the Kingmax microsd, which use SLC-Single Level Cell to achieve faster performance.Â

I read on GBAtemp that Danny, from M3, recommended a Kingmax or PNY microsd to ensure Castlevania POR runs smoothly. I couldn't find out anything about PNY card speeds but the Kingmax is suppose to be 10.5MB/s Max read and 8.9MB/s Max write.Â

Any Adata super owners care to try running some benches or tell us about POR crashing or not?Â

Sidenote, someone should compile a list of microsd cards and info from users such as speeds, made in, crashing or slowdowns in games.

Edit: Anybody? If anyone with an Adata super card tells me POR works perfectly, I'm just going to buy it this minute...

Edit: F* it. I just ordered a Ritek Ridata 1GB from meritline. They're suppose to be 115x high speed cards so we'll see.

Nope, A-data 1GB or Higher doesnt work with it. But supposedly the 512MB works. KingMAX, PNY, Kingston (Made In Japan), Toshiba(Made IN Japan) Cards are the ones that work with it.

comapro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's some benches using the long test on HDTach.

Castlevania DoS intro doesn't lag.

edit: Tried PoR, it freezes when I spam start at Wind
frown.gif

A-Data Super 1GB MicroSD

T-Flash Reader (came with R4, crappy)
Burst: 4.2MB
Avg: 4.1MB
Random Access: 2.6ms

EagleTec Reader (another free crappy one)
Burst: 6MB
Avg: 6MB
Random Access: 1.9ms

SanDisk Imagemate 12 in 1 (a good reader)
Burst: 10.5MB
Avg: 10.3MB
Random Access: 1.6ms

--------------------------------

I also tested my SD card. I dunno why. Maybe it'll be useful to some people.

A-Data 1GB SD 150x

T-Flash Reader
N/A, only takes microSD!

EagleTec Reader
Burst: 6.6MB
Avg: 6.5MB
Random Access 1.4ms

SanDisk Imagemate 12 in 1
Burst: 19.1MB
Avg: 19.1MB
Random Access: 1ms

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1