Hacking Adapter with Extended Memory?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'm planning on getting an NDS this Christmas. Originally I wanted to order an M3 card to go with it, until something came to my attention: the NDS supports memory expansion, which I've seen comes via NDS Browser for example. I was looking for a Flash cart which can support that. However, it soon became clear that any such cards will have to go in the NDS' GBA slot because the NDS cart slot is just too slow.

I've been trying to find a Flash cart with built-in memory expansion for the NDS but the sites are so cunfusing... can anyone please point out a model? TIA

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EZ flash 3in1 expansion is what 90% of people that want RAM buy. Priced at an affordable $20 it is cheap and has all the RAM you will ever need and also allows you to play GBA games and it has a built in Rumble feature.

HereIf you order from that site. They are reliable, fast, and great priced. If you live in US and order there your package should come in less than 4 days.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just remember that you need a Slot-1 cart if you buy an EZ 3-in-1.

Let's see if I got this right... EZ 3 in 1 allows GBA gameplay and expands memory? And what about NDS games?Does it do everything else that an M3 does?
No. At the price of a mere $20 you can use the EZ 3 in 1 expansion along with your slot 1 card of choice to run GBA games and homebrew. Use its RAM for the opera web browser and use rumble for rumble enabled games. That is all. The expansion itself can't run NDS code.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

Let's see if I got this right... EZ 3 in 1 allows GBA gameplay and expands memory? And what about NDS games?Does it do everything else that an M3 does?
No. At the price of a mere $20 you can use the EZ 3 in 1 expansion along with your slot 1 card of choice to run GBA games and homebrew. Use its RAM for the opera web browser and use rumble for rumble enabled games. That is all. The expansion itself can't run NDS code.
So basically if I wanted both NDS Flashing and expanded memory I'd have to buy both an M3 AND an EZ right?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't quite understand what you are trying to say.

Here's the deal:
If you want to play NDS games AND GBA games and have a RAM expansion you can get any slot 1 and an EZ3in1 expansion. It can do all those.

If you want a slot 2 card that can play both NDS games, have ram, and play GBA games you need a M3 perfect or EZ flash 4 delux or something. They are pretty expensive though.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

So basically if I wanted both NDS Flashing and expanded memory I'd have to buy both an M3 AND an EZ right?

You'd have to buy a slot-1 flashcart and an EZ 3-in-1 expansion.
That's the most common combination because it's cheap and works well.
People usually tell you to buy the R4 and EZ 3-in-1 but only because it has a huge fanboy club.
Oh, and it's a pretty cheap combination considering that it can play all NDS roms and a lot of GBA ones.

You wouldn't buy 2 slot-2 cards. And what m3 cart are you talking about?
There's quite a few.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

People usually tell you to buy the R4 and EZ 3-in-1 but only because it has a huge fanboy club.
Oh, and it's a pretty cheap combination considering that it can play all NDS roms and a lot of GBA ones.

There's quite a few.
The bolded contradicts your whole post.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

There's quite a few.

huh.gif
What are you talking about?
I said that people recommend the R4 and Ez 3-in-1 because there are so many fanboys.
I never said I wasn't a fanboy myself.
lecture.gif

Also: I never told him to buy an r4 and an ez 3-in-1. I said a slot-1 and an ez 3-in-1.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

There's quite a few.
I'm a bit confused here since R4 is all new to me. To put it simply, I would only like to ask one question: with an R4 and an EZ 3-in-1 would it be possible to have MoonShell, listen to music watch movies etc., play NDS and GBA ROMs, and so forth? And is storage expandable via microSD?

I was talking about M3 Simply. Why do I need a slot 1 device with EZ Flash? If it can play both GBA and NDS files why a slot 1 dev?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

There's quite a few.

huh.gif
What are you talking about?
I said that people recommend the R4 and Ez 3-in-1 because there are so many fanboys.
I never said I wasn't a fanboy myself.
lecture.gif

Also: I never told him to buy an r4 and an ez 3-in-1. I said a slot-1 and an ez 3-in-1.
First you say that it is the most common set up people use because it is cheap and works well. Then you say they tell you to buy it because they are fanboys. So I guess if something works well and is affordable and people recommend it they must be fanboys because it is completely illogical to recommend a good product.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'm reading in another topic that the R4 supports microSD but not microSDHC?! Does that mean I'm limited to... what, 2GB storage?

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm reading in another topic that the R4 supports microSD but not microSDHC?! Does that mean I'm limited to... what, 2GB storage?

Yup, the R4 aren't compatible with SDHC. There are/were a few 4G sd (note: I didn't say sdhc). But after the sdhc standard was finalized they stopped being produced. You'll probably have a hard time finding one.

2G is enough for a lot of people, but if you really want more you could always buy another microsd card, or another flash cart.

QUOTEFirst you say that it is the most common set up people use because it is cheap and works well. Then you say they tell you to buy it because they are fanboys. So I guess if something works well and is affordable and people recommend it they must be fanboys because it is completely illogical to recommend a good product.
There are other carts that work nearly as well but are cheaper. And also carts that are slightly more expensive but have more features (SDHC). The reason I call them fanboys is because even when the situation calls for a more suitable flash cart, they'll still recommend the R4, and when they are recommended a better product they will still argue that the R4 is the best. You're a fanboy if you ignore common sense in favor of favoritism.
I'm not trying to start a flame war, but you certainly seem to enjoy furthering this stupid argument which does nothing to help the thread starter.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Yup, the R4 aren't compatible with SDHC. There are/were a few 4G sd (note: I didn't say sdhc). But after the sdhc standard was finalized they stopped being produced. You'll probably have a hard time finding one.

2G is enough for a lot of people, but if you really want more you could always buy another microsd card, or another flash cart.

QUOTE said:
First you say that it is the most common set up people use because it is cheap and works well. Then you say they tell you to buy it because they are fanboys. So I guess if something works well and is affordable and people recommend it they must be fanboys because it is completely illogical to recommend a good product.
There are other carts that work nearly as well but are cheaper. And also carts that are slightly more expensive but have more features (SDHC). The reason I call them fanboys is because even when the situation calls for a more suitable flash cart, they'll still recommend the R4, and when they are recommended a better product they will still argue that the R4 is the best. You're a fanboy if you ignore common sense in favor of favoritism.
I'm not trying to start a flame war, but you certainly seem to enjoy furthering this stupid argument which does nothing to help the thread starter.
I just simply said your post contradicts itself. But if you meant the part about the R4 then I get what you mean, but R4 is still the cheapest "high quality" flash cart. By that I mean by getting updates regularly and having a good team behind it. The only thing that beats the R4 by price are N cards and clones which aren't too great IMO and are somewhat cheap(quality wise). DSTT is another but it is still new so I can't tell if it will be a contender or not although it does seem so.

wzeroc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
[/quote]First you say that it is the most common set up people use because it is cheap and works well. Then you say they tell you to buy it because they are fanboys. So I guess if something works well and is affordable and people recommend it they must be fanboys because it is completely illogical to recommend a good product.

[/quote]

Searinox, firstly, they are a good combination of 2 different products. An R4 is slot-1 card, while EZ 3-in-1 is a slot 2 device.

Secondly, many people likes R4. i myself am using the first gen Chinese R4, and i myself like to use it. Fanboy? maybe i am. but anyway, R4 is one of the best products in the slot-1 category. As for the EZ 3-in-1, i have yet to buy it because i have yet to find any use for it. in the near future, i will buy one.

Thirdly, just because people recommend a certain products doesn't mean that they are fanboys. take something like i-pod. between i-pod and zune, personally, i'd rather take creative muvo tx fm because i just like it. so, does that makes me a fanboy of one of the products? No, i don't think so. it's just that, it's a good product, probably one of the best, so it would be logical that people recommends it out of the quality of the product or something like that, rather than because they are fanboys. Are we clear at that? Good. because i just confused myself there...
ph34r.gif

wzeroc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
edit: whoops, almost did something wrong... well in way, i was referring to your post, i was confused a little bit, i think.
unsure.gif
wacko.gif
just so you'd know, i'd recommend a good product anytime because of quality, not because of fanboys.

and 2nd, sorry searinox. thought that was your post. anyway, i still stand by my decision that i like muvo tx fm, but i'm not a fanboy.
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol