Actually good homebrew?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by WezG, Jul 22, 2007.

Jul 22, 2007

Actually good homebrew? by WezG at 5:12 AM (1,326 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. WezG
    OP

Newcomer WezG Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Obviously scummVM is GREAT! But can anyone suggest any homebrew games, (DSorganize is great and replaces moonshell -not so great IMHO- on my R4which is actually great! Even without a wireless router!) that are worth bothering with?????
    I have seen a lot of games which are pretty much like flash games, and I know people are doing it in their own time, and its great, but I would rather play a proper game, only other thing I have really looked for long at is Duke3D DS, but thats never gonna run great on a DS anyway, SNEmulDS is great too, but once again, never gonna be "perfect" like on a PSP due to the DS's limitations...
    So, is there any (NOT LIKE TETRIS/NOT LIKE A REEEEALY SIMPLE FLASH GAME) GREAT DS homebrew games (R4 compatible only at the mo [​IMG]) that are kind of like a game you would buy?

2. acrocosm

Member acrocosm GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i agree about moonshell that windows skin is also awfull. who would be so proud of windows to want to see them in his/her ds? personaly every time i use moonshel i'm afraid i'll get teh blue screen of death (a second one ^^), i need to run my antivirus or process xp to kill that app that doesn't respond and definately not forget to run memturbo coz my mem is full of crap [​IMG]

ummm let's see....

for music there's nitrotraker (tracker apparently), kaosds (kaospad-like needs dsmidiwifi), and a few more i have not got into the trouble to try yet i'm still finishing my first lsdj tracks ^^

lameboy is a nice gb/gbc emu but i still preffer my brick or pocket for that but it can't be helped when you wanna play with low or no light

phidias and colors are great too. they are painting apps and the later resembles (vaguely) the feeling you get using a wacom

comicbookds could be usefull to many but i use my laptop for that, its 12" and very light so i can take it to read at bed. i got my comic collection back to my home in gr and i do like reading again sometimes old favourites [​IMG]

Project JDS is nice too for learning a bit of japanese although it still misses quite some stuff. nevertheless it seems very promishing.

then there's wolveslayer that looks mostly impressive but i have yet to see what it's actualy like

hmmm quake, descent and hexen ds are not bad either

i'm sure there are more but i'm sleepy atm -_-zZ its almost 6am

edit: sry for not adding links for the above. i might do it tommorow.... later today when i wake up. till then a bit of googling should be enough

edit 2: ribbon is fun although very much flash-like and personally i find it hard

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
  4. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    Lemmings is undeniably the best homebrew game on Nintendo DS

5. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
  6. pxdFatal

Newcomer pxdFatal Member

United States
    ive played warcraft 3 tower defence on ds lol

7. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    AmplituDS. Best homebrew game there is.

8. DSGRIM

Member DSGRIM GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They dont have many good DS Homebrew games. (dcemu.co.uk has a big list of DS homebrew games) I have spend hours on Lemmings DS, everyone should download that.

9. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Explosive Gas! Homebrew Bomberman with 8 players online.

10. Neuromancer

Newcomer Neuromancer Member

United States
    Lemmings DS kicks ass, there's no other way to say it. It's even better than the original Amiga version.

11. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
  12. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I have to recommend Tower Defense DS, if you enjoyed TD on Warcraft 3.

13. WezG
    OP

Newcomer WezG Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    yeah but I did mean GAMES, and ok I suppose if I can say scummvm then other emulator/port stuff could count, but Lemmings is sh1t... I mean not even Lemmings the tribes or anything... If a port of a lemmings game came out, I wouldnt BUY it, maybe d'l and play for 30 secs and then delete it, I could just play the original, so much better!
    And a nesDS (with any games I tried) worked really bad.