WezG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Obviously scummVM is GREAT! But can anyone suggest any homebrew games, (DSorganize is great and replaces moonshell -not so great IMHO- on my R4which is actually great! Even without a wireless router!) that are worth bothering with?????
I have seen a lot of games which are pretty much like flash games, and I know people are doing it in their own time, and its great, but I would rather play a proper game, only other thing I have really looked for long at is Duke3D DS, but thats never gonna run great on a DS anyway, SNEmulDS is great too, but once again, never gonna be "perfect" like on a PSP due to the DS's limitations...
So, is there any (NOT LIKE TETRIS/NOT LIKE A REEEEALY SIMPLE FLASH GAME) GREAT DS homebrew games (R4 compatible only at the mo
rofl2.gif
) that are kind of like a game you would buy?

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i agree about moonshell that windows skin is also awfull. who would be so proud of windows to want to see them in his/her ds? personaly every time i use moonshel i'm afraid i'll get teh blue screen of death (a second one ^^), i need to run my antivirus or process xp to kill that app that doesn't respond and definately not forget to run memturbo coz my mem is full of crap
wink2.gif

ummm let's see....

for music there's nitrotraker (tracker apparently), kaosds (kaospad-like needs dsmidiwifi), and a few more i have not got into the trouble to try yet i'm still finishing my first lsdj tracks ^^

lameboy is a nice gb/gbc emu but i still preffer my brick or pocket for that but it can't be helped when you wanna play with low or no light

phidias and colors are great too. they are painting apps and the later resembles (vaguely) the feeling you get using a wacom

comicbookds could be usefull to many but i use my laptop for that, its 12" and very light so i can take it to read at bed. i got my comic collection back to my home in gr and i do like reading again sometimes old favourites
wub.gif

Project JDS is nice too for learning a bit of japanese although it still misses quite some stuff. nevertheless it seems very promishing.

then there's wolveslayer that looks mostly impressive but i have yet to see what it's actualy like

hmmm quake, descent and hexen ds are not bad either

i'm sure there are more but i'm sleepy atm -_-zZ its almost 6am

edit: sry for not adding links for the above. i might do it tommorow.... later today when i wake up. till then a bit of googling should be enough

edit 2: ribbon is fun although very much flash-like and personally i find it hard

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They dont have many good DS Homebrew games. (dcemu.co.uk has a big list of DS homebrew games) I have spend hours on Lemmings DS, everyone should download that.

WezG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah but I did mean GAMES, and ok I suppose if I can say scummvm then other emulator/port stuff could count, but Lemmings is sh1t... I mean not even Lemmings the tribes or anything... If a port of a lemmings game came out, I wouldnt BUY it, maybe d'l and play for 30 secs and then delete it, I could just play the original, so much better!
And a nesDS (with any games I tried) worked really bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg