Activision lays off majority of staff at Radical Entertainment

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
radical_entertainment_logo.png

It seems since Prototype 2 didn't fare that well in the video game market and Activision wasn't impressed. Radical Entertainment has experienced a huge layoff in staff members. Activision thought about selling the studio and decided best move for them was a reduction in staff. Radical Entertainment gained fame from their two entries in the Crash Bandicoot series, Prototype and their Incredible Hulk games. Oh, let's not forget Simpson's Hit & Run and Scarface.

:arrow:Source

I posted this because it seems like we're never going to get another Crash Bandicoot game with Activision at the helm. I remember hearing rumors about another one being created for a 2010 release but that never panned out did it?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Radical probably couldn't copy&paste and add an ascending number into the title of their games fast enough for Craptivision to sell brand new every month.
Not surprising.

EDIT: and I love their atttitude, "hmm sell the studio, or fuck over a ton of people and throw away their jobs...why do we even have option 1?"

chains_of_androm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard the parent company for activision blizzard is also selling the majority of the stakes in the company, over 50% or something, perhaps the big gaming companies aren't doing too well these days.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They also did Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for those who care, apparently it's a pretty good game.

I guess it's a shame since I've heard some decent things about Prototype. Maybe it's a bit silly and such but apparently it's just a fun series of "god games" where you'll get enjoyment from just decimating hordes and hopping around the city like emo Peter Parker.

But Activision has really been slimming down its IPs and I don't think that'll be good for them. Their Marvel games have basically gone down the tube and there's not much else they do now outside of Call of Duty and I think they're gonna try and franchise James Bond again.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed The Simpsons: Hit and Run, The Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, and Prototype, and I've heard that the sequel is pretty good, too. This is a real shame, but let's be honest; we're talking about Activision here, and this isn't a radical move from them at all.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Activison kept canceling games Radical developed part way and the few games they let them complete weren't all to good. All in all not to surprising.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.