Activision is doing an amazing job right now.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,965
  • Replies 29
  • Likes 3
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Crash Bandicoot's revival is simply one of the best things that Activision has ever done, and recently they released a never-released stage of Crash Bandicoot, called 'Stormy Ascent' for free until August 19th. That is awesome!

PS1 Ver.

Hope that a Spyro Trilogy remake is in the works. :)

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget Spyro, we need a CTR remake! Anyways, let's see if Activision can keep this good press going into CoD:WWII and destiny 2(my guess is probably not). Also glad to see that they brought back and remastered stormy ascent. Now let's see if they release the sunset Vista beta remastered (there is an extra trophy that isn't assigned to anything yet afaik in the dlc tab). :)

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Forget Spyro, we need a CTR remake! Anyways, let's see if Activision can keep this good press going into CoD:WWII and destiny 2(my guess is probably not). Also glad to see that they brought back and remastered stormy ascent. Now let's see if they release the sunset Vista beta remastered (there is an extra trophy that isn't assigned to anything yet afaik in the dlc tab). :)
Since it was never released, it was neither fully finished so this isn't just a remaster — It's a remake wholeheartedly complete.

Here's more about it:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/20/1...-remaster-stormy-ascent-level-naughty-dog-ps4

P.S. I really want CTR remade too for PS4/XO/Steam too and with online play.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one?
SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 :ninja:

hqdefault.jpg

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, the Western version. Tbh, I never cared for that game (Mario 1, Mario 3, Mario World are my faves of the 8bit/16bit era).
Yeah, okay, good job. Anyway Super Mario Maker is not a HD compilation, is a course editor. Super Mario all stars HD would be more of a HD compilation game. :)

You know the disappointment we all got from nintendo for mario's 25 anniversary with Super Mario Allstars on wii? :glare:

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one?

The real Super Mario Bros 2 is a bitch of a game, unfair platform placement, at least the Snes port allows you to restart at the world start and not the entire game. Crash N Sane Trilogy is the right way to remake the older games IMO.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disappointment? It was the only chance of getting something that would have competed (for common people) against 5+5+5+5+8 $/€ of VC games...
I dunno about the currency exchange in other countries, but I guess what you're saying is that it was better to rip a SNES cart and put it on a wii disc to celebrate Mario bros. 25 Anniversary instead of just making Super Mario All-stars Snes VC for 800 Wii points.:unsure:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disappointment? It was the only chance of getting something that would have competed (for common people) against 5+5+5+5+8 $/€ of VC games...

It was a waste of a 4.3 GB disc; I mean a 4 MB ROM, with maybe 100 MB of soundtrack data, wow, such an efficient use of space! People are better off using an emulator and ROM.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
This is what happens when you baby players with hand holding through pretty much every game http://www.gamesradar.com/crash-ban...rent-expecting-but-theyre-sure-you-can-do-it/

Considering that the game is basically about nostalgia, I'd say f***ing up the difficulty is a bad decision and comes across more as an excuse trying to justify it.

It's like when I tried to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles on my Fire TV, any alternation to how it played (mainly controller lag related in this case) ****ed up how I played it (mainly the special stages).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction