Activision is doing an amazing job right now.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,971
  • Replies 29
  • Likes 3

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that the game is basically about nostalgia, I'd say f***ing up the difficulty is a bad decision and comes across more as an excuse trying to justify it.

It's like when I tried to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles on my Fire TV, any alternation to how it played (mainly controller lag related in this case) ****ed up how I played it (mainly the special stages).
Just curious, which of the 4 sonic games on genesis had the most difficult special stage? (Yes the 4th being sonic 3D blast, the genesis not saturn)

Also are you using a wired or wireless controller, what emulator are you using? I have a android tv, I use Nvidia Shield TV, and MD.EMU, there isn't any lag i uses, wired, wireless bluetooth or wifi controller, no lag. It may help to alter some display settings in the emu like no graphic filters, or something. :unsure:

It was a waste of a 4.3 GB disc; I mean a 4 MB ROM, with maybe 100 MB of soundtrack data, wow, such an efficient use of space! People are better off using an emulator and ROM.
Actually the rom is 2MB, the one with super mario world is 2.5MB Super mario world rom alone is 0.5MB :P

Yeah that was my point. Ripped a SNES cart and put it on a wii disc and sell it. It could have just been 800 wii points on wiishop, or even the eshop now for 3ds, wii u, Nintendo switch. They didn't even use the one with Super Mario World on it. :wtf:

On kirby's dream collection, yeah is the same kind of thing but it had some bonus games from Kirby's return to dreamland. Nintendo with lazy compilation games. :P

Honestly super mario all stars for wii I expected New Super mario bros graphics or something, but it was just a rom rip. :(

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, which of the 4 sonic games on genesis had the most difficult special stage? (Yes the 4th being sonic 3D blast, the genesis not saturn)

Also are you using a wired or wireless controller, what emulator are you using? I have a android tv, I use Nvidia Shield TV, and MD.EMU, there isn't any lag i uses, wired, wireless bluetooth or wifi controller, no lag. It may help to alter some display settings in the emu like no graphic filters, or something. :unsure:

Actually the rom is 2MB, the one with super mario world is 2.5MB Super mario world rom alone is 0.5MB :P

Yeah that was my point. Ripped a SNES cart and put it on a wii disc and sell it. It could have just been 800 wii points on wiishop, or even the eshop now for 3ds, wii u, Nintendo switch. They didn't even use the one with Super Mario World on it. :wtf:

On kirby's dream collection, yeah is the same kind of thing but it had some bonus games from Kirby's return to dreamland. Nintendo with lazy compilation games. :P

Honestly super mario all stars for wii I expected New Super mario bros graphics or something, but it was just a rom rip. :(

Yeah, I was using hyperbole, but you get the idea. It was a huge waste of an opportunity, placing a ROM/emulator on a disc is a huge waste of resources. A VC release would make more sense. It should've been the SM All Stars + Mario World version.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real Super Mario Bros 2 is a bitch of a game, unfair platform placement, at least the Snes port allows you to restart at the world start and not the entire game. Crash N Sane Trilogy is the right way to remake the older games IMO.
SMB2 USA is the true SMB2 and Lost Levels us a reimagining of SMB1

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SMB2 USA is the true SMB2 and Lost Levels us a reimagining of SMB1
Well nintendo isn't a stranger to that. Legend of Zelda had 2 quest on one cart. All they did is make a second game instead of adding it to the one cart. Glad they have both in Super mario bros DX, and who can forget Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master quest? Same kind of thing, same game but harder. Nintendo do mods of their own games. :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Joe88

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think you're confused; Doki Doki came out in 1987, Super Mario 2 came out in 1988 https://www.mariowiki.com/Yume_Kōjō:_Doki_Doki_Panic How can it be a reskin of a game
if Doki Doki predates SMB2?
It was originally a 'mario style' game, then became the licensing thing with Fuji, and the Famicom Disk System, so he's half right.
Only half though: 'mario style' basically means a platformer, so the game was originally probably about as 'Mario' as Sonic the Hedgehog is...:lol:

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

I've always found Sonic 2's stages the hardest (thanks to Tails) and Sonic 3's is arguably the easiest thanks to the save system, otherwise (although it has been a while) Sonic 3D's I thought were the easiest.

I was using the official Amazon wireless controller with MD.emu on the FTV2, I did in the past though use a wired 360 controller which seemed better and yes I tried game mode, etc. on my TV, It was only a tiny amount of lag but it seemed to make a difference.

I plan on getting a Shield TV in the future anyway so I'm not too bothered for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)