Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_177066_262_2044.jpg

Activision has announced a new game for Britain's best secret agent, James Bond, to come in time for his latest cinema outing, Skyfall.

The new game, named "007 Legends", comes from Eurocom, the makers of Dead Space Extraction and, more importantly, the Goldeneye reboot and its HD port.

The game attempts a rather drastic approach to the story, tying together six Bond film stories into one game. The game will also feature classic Bond weapons, cars, and gadgets, according to the press release.

MI6 missions will also return from Goldeneye: Reloaded, giving players challenge missions based on using stealth, gadgets, or various other methods of taking out the trash.

The game is set to release this autumn, alongside Skyfall, the latest film for current Bond actor Daniel Craig.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With it being developed by Eurocom I have some hope that this will be a good game. Their GoldenEye game was so much better than the overrated Rare title which was only really ever that good for multiplayer.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With it being developed by Eurocom I have some hope that this will be a good game. Their GoldenEye game was so much better than the overrated Rare title which was only really ever that good for multiplayer.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't have even posted this if it wasn't for Eurocom. Goldeneye (the latest one) was so awesome. As a major Bond nut, it was a true revival of the series that brought it to a more "modern" age without sacrificing the fun.

Definitely can't wait for this although the "tying 6 plots" together thing doesn't sound promising. But If I wanted to learn about Bond plot I'll just watch the movies. Which I have and I'll be trying to see Skyfall on opening night.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
always wondered ever since goldeneye having bonus levels inspired by moonraker and live and let die/the man with the golden gun that nobody else has tried to make a game on that formula. all i can say do is hope it comes turns out well

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
always wondered ever since goldeneye having bonus levels inspired by moonraker

Wait, there was bonus levels for Moonraker?

...Why?

i refer to goldeneye on the n64, after doing all the missions on secret agent you could unlock the aztec level which was based on moonraker, and for the reason why, to have a showdown with Jaws i suppose

still thinking it over, with it being annouced that this game is to span 6 movies i wonder if Activision could have pulled all the actors who have played Bond to feature in this game, EA managed to get Sean Connery back a few years back...then again on a serious note i imagine it will Craig Daniel

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still thinking it over, with it being annouced that this game is to span 6 movies i wonder if Activision could have pulled all the actors who have played Bond to feature in this game, EA managed to get Sean Connery back a few years back...then again on a serious note i imagine it will Craig Daniel

Eh, Sean Connery wasn't all that spectacular in From Russia With Love, his voice didn't age nearly as well. It was an old guy's voice on a (relatively) young guys body. Not to mention having the voice and model change like 5 times would be pretty jarring.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, dropping this title in with the ocean of high profile, AAA games releasing in November? Did Activision learn nothing from Reloaded? Or do they just want to bury these Bond games?

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, dropping this title in with the ocean of high profile, AAA games releasing in November? Did Activision learn nothing from Reloaded? Or do they just want to bury these Bond games?

can't speak for reloaded but i think the better victim was bloodstone, that helped seal the coffin on the developers

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edit- must pay attention to the X replies have been added thing.

I may be misreading your intention clarky but didn't they get one Mr Connery to come back for From Russia with Love a couple of years back?

Back on topic I have yet to play the later bond games and my only real play of the new goldeneye was to see what the game I used as my small sound file when shrinking roms played like. Still I will declare myself an optimist for this one.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

can't speak for reloaded but i think the better victim was bloodstone, that helped seal the coffin on the developers

Blood Stone just kinda got lost as it was meant to tie into the film which got dropped in favor of Skyfall. Plus the game isn't great. It's fun for Bond fans but not really for anyone else.

Personally I'll probably get this and Assassin's Creed 3 in November.

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be misreading your intention clarky but didn't they get one Mr Connery to come back for From Russia with Love a couple of years back?

i thought i did mention EA managed to get Connery onboard to voice Bond again? i was just thinking how much i'd enjoy the idea of Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan being able to be brought back into this as it seems the game is meant to mark the 50th anniversery of the 007 movie franchise, and what i have seen hinted one of the 6 movies to be tied into this will be Skyfall, but as Guild suggested it would probably throw people off playing as 6 different versions of Bond and somehow i don't imagine the cost of bringing in those 6 to act would fit into the budget

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought i did mention EA managed to get Connery onboard to voice Bond again? i was just thinking how much i'd enjoy the idea of Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan being able to be brought back into this as it seems the game is meant to mark the 50th anniversery of the 007 movie franchise, and what i have seen hinted one of the 6 movies to be tied into this will be Skyfall, but as Guild suggested it would probably throw people off playing as 6 different versions of Bond and somehow i don't imagine the cost of bringing in those 6 to act would fit into the budget

I guess they could cast the non-Craig Bonds as other roles just for the reference.

Or they can pull a Star Trek and have 6 alternate realities with 6 different Bonds that team up to take down 6 of the film series most evil villains. That would be awesome.

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I guess they could cast the non-Craig Bonds as other roles just for the reference.

Or they can pull a Star Trek and have 6 alternate realities with 6 different Bonds that team up to take down 6 of the film series most evil villains. That would be awesome.

i read somewhere the original idea for Die Another Day was to involve the idea of Bond going against a villian so bad that he would need extra help which would turn out to be all the previous Bonds. It would have been revealed as well that 007 and the name James Bond was given to certain MI6 agents but that idea seemed to go off like a lead balloon, kind of like an 007 Avengers. Thank god that didn't come about

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As long as they don't mix the universes too much. I like my timelines shaken, not stirred.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah sorry clarky I was replying to an older post but missed the replies that sent it off in a completely different direction.

It could be awesome Guild (I would especially be up for a 6 bonds with subtly different playstyles) but must I bring up that Spiderman edge of time game from last year? Of course I am probably on the record somewhere of not really caring about any strict continuity for just about anything anywhere.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be awesome Guild (I would especially be up for a 6 bonds with subtly different playstyles) but must I bring up that Spiderman edge of time game from last year? Of course I am probably on the record somewhere of not really caring about any strict continuity for just about anything anywhere.

Although Edge of Time was just pretty crappy in general from what I heard. It's kinda odd that the sequel to a game that has 4 Spiderman universes goes with half as many.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"