Hacking Activating new PS Vita and PSTV? Will modded PS3s help?

galneon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I cannot resist a moddable system, I have a new Vita and PSTV coming. I'm concerned about doing as much as I can from the beginning, even if there isn't a lot I can do with the systems yet, because even if I don't update past 3.60, online access could become more restrictive in the future... I think it would be in my best interests to activate, spoof version and log into PSN to get things I might need while PSN access is still a possibility (at least, as of a few weeks ago, spoofed version logons were still being accepted according to what I've read).

I've read some older tutorials about this process (like this one) and am unsure if I'll be able to activate my Vita/PSTV through this method... I have PS3s, but they are modded, and while I successfully used them on PSN and in online games for years while modded, I haven't done so since ~2014 and may not be able to log onto PSN safely anymore to buy a Vita game for the purpose of activating. I just don't know if stealth PSN logons are still possible...

Given my PS3s are modded, could there be easier ways to use them to help activate the Vita/PSTV?

Are there other time critical concerns beyond activation I should be aware of when I get my systems? Even if I don't actually use these systems for a while, I'd like to get everything set up properly.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Currently the latest version of HENkaku natively supports spoofing to allow PSN access. This could change quickly though knowing s0ny.

Knowing this if it is still spoofable when you get them you should be able to activate without using the ps3 via normal activation procedures. Just be sure to turn off automatic system updates in settings to be safe.

Reactions: galneon

galneon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, sounds like I have two solid options, though the homebrew approach is probably optimal. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning