Action RPG mobile game Mega Man X DiVE has been announced

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 22, 2019.

1. SlasherGamer21

SlasherGamer21 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    Hell
    This is going to be shit I can see it already. The inconsistent need for in-app purchases oh god no.

Bladexdsl likes this.
  2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    after you beat a boss you have to pay to unlock the ability :lol:

3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    No, it is not xover 2, silly.

4. Varia

Varia GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    So Protodude was right about this one, guess that means a Battle Network game is in the works... also for smartphones :/

Have we been watching the same video? I see nothing Battle Network related.
    Battle Network was awesome by the way.

5. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    We need Battle Network Collection like Zero Collection in DS. Maybe that can spark some new fire to the for battle system? Wasted on so many level.

6. Carlos_Knijnik

Carlos_Knijnik Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brazil
    Rio Grande do Sul
    Remember my words, it will be a pay-to-win game.

7. Archangel22

Archangel22 Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    Australia
    No way. MMX and MMZero are fun games if anything they need to keep them coming. But not as in a mobile f2p game. Traditional format as you imagine them in the handhelds or consoles with fast paced 2d action. I just cant believe they used the mmx legacy collection funds to make this project happen and not x9. baffling truely baffling

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also to add to the comments about the series shouldve died years ago. Nah I dont agree also. I dont care about the story lore at this stage we have to accept it wont be mature and it will be neglected by capcom with shoddy kid friendly voice acting and cringe plot. But the gameplay if they can use fast paced ps1 era mechanics 2d format with hd sprites I do not care if it plays exactly the same.

Give me new bosses, new weapons, no stages and random final boss I do not care for that gameplay alone I will pay if they make megaman x 1000 or 1000000 Ill enjoy it. Play it on the move play it at home I just want that format its fun to me and doesnt get old and stale it doesnt need to be like a modern god of war, final fantasy or devil may cry update in mechanics and gameplay. To me the snes and ps1 mechanics were not broken just make nice level design and gameplay and its a win. Ideally I would love for the story to be amazing but Ive learned to accept that capcom is not capable of this

8. BLsquared

BLsquared Game Programmer

Nov 25, 2012
    United States
    The United States of America
    Thanks, @Chary , for the news!
    Interesting to hear that's what the tip Protodude was for. I'm interested, if it comes to the States. I just hope it doesn't go the way of Xover...

9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I can't wait to play a Mega Man X game that requires my hand to cover up 90% of the screen

10. matpower

matpower A Hero of Justice

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    MMX and MMZero's formula lives on through the often-forgotten ZX series.

A good new series would be enough. MM11 is fine as it is since there's no proper plot going on, but MMX has wore itself thin after MMZero became a thing.

Last edited by matpower, Jul 24, 2019
  11. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    It's disgusting madness. Mega Man is generally pretty hardcore stuff. Isn't the fanbase exactly the type of people who passionately loathe mobile gaming?

12. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    Touch controls are a mega man fan's worst nightmare

13. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Mom's house
    Cool, another mobile game. Now fix the input lag issues in every version of X collection that make the games unbearable.

14. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2017
    United States
    But here's the thing, while I absolutely love the classic megaman series. I prefer the megaman x series to it. I always thought mega man x tried more to modernize the series and to offer something new. Especially in Mega man X8 which was rushed, but had a lot of cool ideas that could lead to an awesome sequel. If Capcom doesn't rush the next mega man x titles, it could easily be a good way for them to create an amazing mega man title.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I actually wouldn't mind a mega man battle network game on the phone as long as it's a good one. Just port it to the Nintendo switch too and I'm absolutely fine with that.

Last edited by kingtut, Jul 26, 2019
  15. SLXD249

SLXD249 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    The last time they tried to do a MegaMan X mobile game, it was the disaster known as Xover.

16. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    does anyone else remember this:

I've heard it's pretty bad.

17. Saru90

Saru90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2019
    Italy
    can i contact you on discord?