Action RPG game 'Kingdom: The Blood' gets gameplay trailer

kingdom.JPG

Developer Action Square has aired the first gameplay trailer for its upcoming action RPG title Kingdom: The Blood:

Based on the Netflix series Kingdom, which the game's story mode follows, Kingdom: The Blood takes players across Korean palaces as well as the zombie-infested city of Hanyang and features motion capture recorded with a professional Korean sword dancer to replicate the Korean-style combat. Other modes include a Conquest Mode, a sequence of diverse five-minute battles, multi-boss battles and PvP combat.

Kingdom: The Blood will launch globally on mobile and PC but a release date has yet to be announced.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"on mobile and PC"
I know it is Korea but that still seems like it should be a red flag, though "based on the Netflix series" is probably the greater one in that.

Koreans do seem to enjoy their zombies as well, not that I am complaining as all I have seen thus far on that front has been great.

As far as that trailer. Don't know what I can tell from it. Hopefully I can call it a spiritual sequel to one of my PS1 favourites/guilty pleasures Ronin blade/soul of the samurai.

Reactions: Xzi and rantex92

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"on mobile and PC"
I know it is Korea but that still seems like it should be a red flag, though "based on the Netflix series" is probably the greater one in that.
Yeah gameplay seems pretty smooth, but the graphics don't look particularly next gen, and it's also missing a certain second level of complexity that you'd expect from a console/PC game. Like a dumbed down Dark Souls or Ghost of Tsushima (as above).

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: xoINARIox

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah gameplay seems pretty smooth, but the graphics don't look particularly next gen, and it's also missing a certain second level of complexity that you'd expect from a console/PC game. Like a dumbed down Dark Souls or Ghost of Tsushima (as above).
These Korean and Chinese games sometimes have interesting concepts, but are just always even further behind than Japanese games are to Western ones. I don't believe either nation has a whole lot of experience with this stuff, but maybe they'll be good at it someday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs