Action RPG 'Dragon Ball Game - Project Z' gets its first trailer

dbz rpg.png
As teased earlier, Bandai Namco unveiled the first trailer of its new Dragon Ball Z game during the Red Bull Final Summoning Dragon Ball FighterZ tournament. Titled Dragon Ball Game - Project Z, the game's trailer does not show much in terms of gameplay but shows, in what looks like the game's graphics, iconic scenes from the Saiyan and Frieza Arc. This new game will be an action RPG which will seemingly center around Goku & co. during their adventures throughout the Dragon Ball Z series.

CyberConnect2, which worked on the Naruto Shippuden series, is handling the development of Project Z and the game is expected to launch sometime in 2019 for PC, Xbox and PS4.

:arrow: SOURCE

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Kinda dissapointed that we have to play through the entire story again wich we have done a million times already. Was hoping for an entire new story but yeah what do you expect if they're already releasing it this year.

Looks like a remake of Legacy of Goku

Last couple Dragon Ball Z games have had brand new stories

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I only see Freeza saga.if so, boring!

Legacy of Goku only went to Frieza saga

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
15 year old me kept wishing for a CyberConnect2 DBZ game.
Now 23 year old me look at this.
Looks like this year i'm gonna be satisfied as a DB fan :)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They nailed the dragon ball look for sure, which is nice. Kinda sad we didnt see any gameplay though.

I think there is some small gameplay footage at the end, hinting at a potential open-world. But I know what you mean, no battle gameplay or showing of the RPG-like elements, which is what these games are really about.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think there is some small gameplay footage at the end, hinting at a potential open-world. But I know what you mean, no battle gameplay or showing of the RPG-like elements, which is what these games are really about.
I just really want to know how the gameplay is. Being open world is not really that special these days. If the battle system is boring then I dont see a reason to play it, even as a huge DB fan. It wont have anything special in the story since it'll probably just another telling of the Z story that we see in every game

SolanaRafael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Glad I have an Xbone , best combo with Switch, now I know PS has better exclusives but I can't stand their controller God knows Ive tried..

on topic, this is the dragon ball I've always wanted, loved the legacy of goku games, hopefully a "watered down" version will be adapted for switch, I think it's proven to drive good sales (far as I know DBFZ sold decent enough didn't it?)

Last edited by SolanaRafael,
Reactions: Dagosty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s