Hacking Action Replay to Neogamma R9

goofydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to find out how I would use action replay with neogamma r9 *gamecube*, Do I have to convert it with GCNcrypt? Do I need to cut off the first line after converting (like swiss requires), or can I just put in the raw action replay format of the codes and do it that way? I assume I need to name it with the gameID and convert it with code manager.

I could use the AR loader, which would work but I would have to input every single code by hand, which would be extremely obnoxious... though if pushed to a corner I will..

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
NeoGamma uses Ocarina cheat codes, so you'll have to find a method of converting them from Action Replay to Ocarina. However, there are many Ocarina codes already available over at Gecko Codes for plenty of GCN titles, so if you want a quicker solution, head over there and get some Ocarina codes instead. I'm not aware of any method of converting AR to Ocarina, so I can't help you there, if there even is a method.

goofydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm, alright.

I had looked there but they didn't have the game, I was hoping that gcncrypt would pretty much turn it to ocarina, but I guess not. I suppose I'll have to put them into the action replay loader, now for the next question, Is there a more practical way to put them into the Action replay loader (ARLoader 1.14 I believe to be more specific) besides entering them by hand (controller), because most of the codes seem to be 8 lines at least.

paced98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean that when i use the neogamma and enabled cheats and ran my gc backup it was able to find the codes but did not use them and also i am not using a modchip

goofydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you pick a hooktype?

A gamecube hooktype? with gamecube ocarina (which sounds like you did do that one)

I don't know if the second hook is needed or not though, I only tried my conversion method and didn't get any to work, though I didn't do the second hook either.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For starters a hook that is actually patched, so watch the output of the loader if it's able to hook or not. The 2nd hook is the hook used after a .dol/.elf loading process, it's only relevant for games that require the reloader to be enabled.

goofydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Accio Hacks:
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Accio_Hacks

That should download the ocarina codes for the game you want and put it in the location it needs to be in.

After you do that run neogamma and try different hooktypes until you get one that says patching, and if that one still doesn't work, keep trying more, if none of them work, either you got the wrong codes (might have a different game version NTSC/PAL/J) or the codes just don't work.

No clue what codelist start and end are.

paced98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone get me a file for ar loader 1.14 with paper mario the thousand year door, i dont like adding codes with it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.